Re: Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized by aspiration)

by withlovejulien

Original Post

[ARCHIVED] Aspiration not completing (Sim activity is not recognized)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete various aspirations. After doing the appropriate action, recognized in game, the aspiration does not recognize and award credit/rewards or move forward.
What happens when the bug occurs? When performing a task in an aspiration.
What do you expect to see? Aspirations recognize activities by the Sim and complete.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Discover University

The aspirations also are not being awarded and they aren't marked. No mods, all packs, repaired game, nearly new save for DU.

Also happened with the other Sim in this household in his Public Enemy aspiration.

Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 17.23.28.84.png

Desktop Screenshot 2019.11.17 - 17.24.33.32.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 39 (8,013 Views)

Hero
@withlovejulien Is it totally random which ones this happens too or can you pinpoint it to certain ones ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 39 (7,938 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict It hasn’t happened enough for me to see a pattern (I have been primarily building after initial DU gameplay).
Message 3 of 39 (7,922 Views)

Hero
@withlovejulien and it doesn't' fulfill if you travel elsewhere or reload the game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 39 (7,916 Views)

Hero
@withlovejulien Are you still having issues with this after today's patch ?

On the second picture it looks like there's another task you need to do ? Is that one you've done and didn't complete ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 39 (7,846 Views)

★ Guide

This has been happening for me since I started playing about six months ago. The game won't register meeting the hermit in granite falls, learning potions and spells in the magic pack and days spent as a vampire for the vampire pack for me. I never have had mods or cc. 

Message 6 of 39 (7,833 Views)

Hero
@Reekyteek The vampire has a thread here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Master-Vampire-Survival-Days-reset-on-travel/td-...

learning postions and spells should have been fixed in today's patch: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-ROM-Ex-Vampires-cannot-complete-spellcaster/td-p... or https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-ROM-Can-t-complete-task-for-spellcaster-aspiration...

Haven't heard of the hermit one. Might be good to have a thread for that as well.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 39 (7,830 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this issue too, with the Successful Lineage aspiration. It will not recognize sim interaction, despite the fact that the action(s) have definitely been performed. I'm not sure how long it has been an issue for, I've only noticed it in the last week or so. 

Message 8 of 39 (7,743 Views)

Hero
@NicheCapeesh Is this the only aspiration you have issues with or is it a general issues with all of them ?

Are you using mods/cc in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 39 (7,713 Views)

★★ Novice

For me it's random

Message 10 of 39 (7,657 Views)