by MrMig57

Original Post

[OPEN] [ROM] Off Grid Living: Lights labeled as Off grid acting as normal

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy the Realm of Magic lamps (totally lit bug light, light of the marasenna, scone for little light) and place on any lot. They will also not be listed under the off-grid items under lighting despite them being listed as off-grid.
What happens when the bug occurs? It will not act like a candle/off-grid item.
What do you expect to see? To act like a candle/off-grid item, and to be listed in the off-grid items area in BuildBuy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I'm going to assume with the latest patch but I didn't really notice until eco lifestyle was installed

Not only are they not listed in the Off-grid category "lightning", but they do not function like off-grid candles. They function like normal lights consuming power. Added a picture with screenshots of the three lights that are not functioning and proof of them not acting like candles.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 11 (3,219 Views)

Bow-tiful Candlelight Non-Functional on Off-the-Grid Lots

★★★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place a "Bow-tiful Candlelight", from the Seasons expansion pack, into an Off-the-Grid lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "Bow-tiful Candlelight" can't be lighted (it has the normal "Turn On..." interaction as other lamps do, which is of course greyed out unless the lot is generating surplus power, instead of the "Light... interaction). Also, for each of them placed, the lot's power rate of change goes up by 1.00 (0.99 for the first one), despite them still being unuseable.
What do you expect to see? The candle works like other candles do on Off-the-Grid lots, where they can be lighted and doesn't add to the lot's power utility.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This, I think, is similar to [FIXED] Off Grid Living Lights not working although candles/oil lamps where it isn't a bug per-se, but more of an oversight.

Message 2 of 11 (3,170 Views)

Re: Bow-tiful Candlelight Non-Functional on Off-the-Grid Lots

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MrMig57 To be sure, they're not labelled as off-grid either ?

Listing affected lamps

• totally lit bug light,
  • light of the marasenna
  • cone for little light
  • Bow-tiful Candlelight
  • illuminated terrarium

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (3,140 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Weirdly enough, it is.
Message 4 of 11 (3,117 Views)

Hero
@MrMig57 So the same as for these lights: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEED-INPUT-ROM-Off-Grid-Living-Lights-labeled-as-Off-grid-acti... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 11 (3,106 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictTested it out and yea, pretty much the same as those lights.

Message 6 of 11 (3,099 Views)

illuminated terrarium light not working off the grid

★ Apprentice

Platform:Xbox Series S
What is your current game version number? sp12:1.assets.live-sp12.231
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs and kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put the illuminated terrarium lights on an off-the-grid house wall and they do not light up. When you hover over them they are marked does not work without power even though they are marked as Off the Grid
What happens when the bug occurs? Illuminated terrarium lights do not work
What do you expect to see? That the illuminated terrarium lights provide light
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Cottage living

Though this is a small issue though you should be aware

Message 7 of 11 (3,035 Views)

'Illuminated Succulent Terrarium' light, off the grid issues

★★★ Apprentice

What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030 (64 Bit)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except bust the dust and throwback fitness
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the light 'Illuminated Succulent Terrarium' on a lot with the 'off-the-grid' challenge, with no power reservers, and try and interact with it.
What happens when the bug occurs? The light 'Illuminated Succulent Terrarium' that came with Cottage Living is listed as 'functional off-the-grid' which it kind of is, but also kind of isn't. It seems to think it is a regular light and if there is now power reserve then clicking on it will show greyed out options with the text popup 'power doesn't work off-the-grid'. However, clicking on a different off the grid light and selecting 'light' then 'all candles' will turn on all off-the-grid-lights including the 'illuminated blah blah blah' light. I am not sure how to tell if this light is actually using power or not. Certainly it can be 'on' when there's no power, but maybe it also drains power when there is reserves; I simply don't know.
What do you expect to see? This off-the-grid light functioning as other off-the-grid lights do, ie. not having greyed out options, having 'light > all candles' rather than 'turn on...' options. (And hopefully not draining power, if it happens to be doing so.)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The light called 'Illuminated Succulent Terrarium' which came with Cottage Living is listed as 'functional off-the-grid' but when there is no power reserve it displays greyed out options such as a powered light does. However it can be 'activated' by selecting a different off-the-grid light and going 'light' and then 'all candles' which turns the 'Illuminated Succulent Terrarium' on as well, even though options for that light are still greyed out.

I do believe this light is meant to be off-the-grid but it's just a little confused.

(As opposed to other lights which I only think should be off-the-grid but which do not claim to be such. But that's more of a 411 topic...)

Message 8 of 11 (2,992 Views)

Re: 'Illuminated Succulent Terrarium' light, off the grid issues

★★★★ Pro

Re the Illuminated Succulent Terrarium, if you use solar panels/windmills from Eco Lifestyle the light will only work like it requires power and therefore will blow through your power reserves.  Other off the grid lights do not work that way.  I couldn't figure out why my home with an eco efficient fridge and stove, both of which are supposed to function off-the-grid, kept using up my power reserves from my solar panels.  I ended up going back on the grid, but then realized the issue was those lights when I noticed a difference between my power being stored if they were on or off.  ie these lights will not function as candle lighting as soon as you add alternative power sources.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 9 of 11 (2,921 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [ROM] Off Grid Living: Lights labeled as Off grid acting as normal

★★★ Apprentice
This has been going since eco lifestyle was released I could understand light of the marasenna & totally lit bug light not meant to be off the grid but not the sconce of little light since it literally has fire animation. This is so easy to fix & I'm annoyed that it hasn't been fixed yet.
Message 10 of 11 (2,579 Views)