by Nuke615

Original Post

[NEED INPUT] [CL] Hoop not fully functional when placed above garage door

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.48.94.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all expansion packs, several stuff and game packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? place a basket ball hoop directly over a garage door that is at ground level, and try and take dunk shots or challenge to a dunk competition.
What happens when the bug occurs? sims cannot reach the hoop for dunk shots
What do you expect to see? Sims to be able to reach the City Living hoop over the garage door for dunk shots (they can reach the hoop for shooting around and taking shots though)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is not likely a bug, but rather an inconsistency.  In this instance where a hoop is placed over the garage door, the Sims can use the basketball hoop for shooting around and all other options for the basketball use options "except for dunk shots/challenges to dunk shot competition)."  The hoop is placed directly over the top of a garage door that sits at ground level (see screenshots).  I understand that for a dunk shot the Sims are restricted on high they can jump, but that limit should be raised to allow for the use of a hoop placed slightly higher than its default level over an EA created garage door.  You can see in screenshot 14 that the Sims can take regular shots and dream big, but capture 15 shows what the default height should be: might need to nix the hoop there entirely and place it somewhere else, but it is not a big issue as the sims can still use the hoops autonomously.  

Message 1 of 5 (1,829 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [CL] Garage door too high for basketball hoop dunk shots

Hero (Retired)

@Nuke615 yes, I think this behavior is by design, as it makes sense that the animation would have been created to occur at a certain height and could look very strange with the hoop set at other heights.  You also cannot adjust the hoop height unless you use the bb.moveobjects cheat as well as place the garage mural in an intersecting position.  The hoop will work properly at its default height even with the garage intersecting it, so I would recommend doing that as a workaround.  Moving this thread to Game Information as it is more of a feedback post (i.e. perhaps the devs will consider supporting hoops at different heights in the future).

Message 2 of 5 (1,796 Views)

★★★ Guide

thanks...I hope the devs consider raising their jump potential to at least the height shown in my SS's over the garage door....perhaps as a new skill...the better they get at basketball, the higher they can jump?  

Message 3 of 5 (1,788 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Actually, I have new information that this may be considered a bug after all, so I will add it to our list.  @Nuke615

Message 4 of 5 (1,740 Views)

★★★ Guide

Interesting

Message 5 of 5 (1,709 Views)