Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Sims taking books from the StrangerVille Information Cent

by DizzyDee-K

Original Post

[Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Sims taking books from the StrangerVille Information Center

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch the Sims - especially children - as they leave the StrangeVille Information Center
What happens when the bug occurs? All the books disappeared from the library
What do you expect to see? Sims not taking away the books
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sims keep walking away with the books from StangerVille Information Center. They take them to the picnic tables and put them in their inventories.

Here is the thread from Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoonshineSim/status/1116448629093556224

Sims take books instead of putting them away. This doesn't seem to happen at other libraries.

D35AZB7W0AAdOVK.jpg

D35AbyCWwAMY7zv.jpg

D35AdhDW0AESPe8.jpg

Message 1 of 5 (978 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [SV] Sims taking books from the StrangerVille Information Ce

Champion
It's possibly caused by that picnic table outside. Usually when a sim leaves a lot, they're not allowed to dump items they're holding out in the open world, so they stick it in their inventories.

The picnic table is close enough that people inside the library are choosing it as a sit and read location and leaving the lot area when they go outside?

I don't know because I don't have Strangerville so I am unfamiliar with that area.
Message 2 of 5 (905 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Sims taking books from the StrangerVille Information Cent

★★★★★ Guide

I've been having this happen not only in StrangerVille, but also in Windenberg. The libraries in both StrangerVille and Windenberg have been stripped entirely of their books.

I made a new library lot in Oasis Springs as part of a pet project, and the same thing was happening with that library as well.

What's more, I am seeing the books in active Sims' inventories, and the books are not able to be dragged/dropped since the Sim doesn't own the book. You end up having to click on the book and select "Put Away" to return the book. (If you do this on a different lot, they'll put it on the nearest bookshelf, and the issue will happen again as soon as you take the not-owned book off the shelf.)

- B

Message 3 of 5 (849 Views)

★ Pro

Ok. I'm 90% sure that this is fixed. Sims are not obviously putting books into their inventory when leaving the StangerVille Information Center. 

However, like the Windenburg library, the StrangerVille library uses "regular" bookshelves not the buy-debug library bookshelves like the Willow Creek library. "Regular" bookshelves only come with (I think) 11 books. Books do tend to disappear from these libraries over time. But that's a different issue and easy to fix. I.E. Buy new bookshelves.

Message 4 of 5 (735 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

This issue is still not fixed; the Laurel Library in Britechester is now missing all its books due to Sims taking them and not returning them. As I mentioned earlier, the issue does not seem isolated to StrangerVille.

I'm noticing books appearing in some of my created Sims' inventories as well that they can't remove from their inventories without first doing "Place in World" or "Put away." Books normally are able to be dragged from the inventory back to a bookshelf; this would indicate that the Sim does not own the book.

(You can't really put the book anywhere after the Sim has left the lot where the book belongs. This in turn results in a large number of "orphaned" books in a Sim's inventory. They can be removed with mods, but this does not resolve the issue of the books missing from the library or bookshelf they were initially taken from.)

- B

Message 5 of 5 (654 Views)