Re: Sims leave work early on loading screen on holidays

by crinrict

Original Post

[Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [ŞV] [S] Sims leave work early on loading on holidays (Military)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, game packs, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Send a sim to work on a holiday, have another sim in the family travel to a different lot and then come home.
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will go to work on a holiday and another sim in the family will go to a new lot. The sim will then travel back to the home lot and the sim at work will come home even if they just left for work.
What do you expect to see? I expect my sim to stay at work the whole time.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I looked all over for an open ticket on this bug, but the only ones I found were all closed down claiming that the problem was solved but it doesn't appear to be at least not for me.

Message 1 of 16 (2,393 Views)

Hero

Will test this on my own game but don't have any time today

Meanwhile, could you delete your cache files: https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/ and repair the game through Origin.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (2,326 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I tested this during the talk-like-a-pirate holiday and couldn't duplicate it.
Message 3 of 16 (2,294 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I'm not so sure about this any more. One of my Sims returned twice early from his military job when a) his partner returned to his home lot (the trailer park in SV) and b) his child returned from CAS. This happened without a holiday. This bug has occurred for years in various incarnations, but I believe the specialty since SV is that the job-cancelling Sim gets the full salary.
Message 4 of 16 (2,269 Views)

Hero
There's a known issue with lunch packs. Did you give them any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 16 (2,266 Views)

★★★★ Pro
No, I avoid the lunch packs!!
Message 6 of 16 (2,260 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Yes indeed, returning to the home lot forces my military Sim to cancel working. The child is not affected, he stays in school.

Message 7 of 16 (2,241 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@Aveliexa Which career are your sims in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 16 (2,236 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrictI deleted my cache and localthumbcache and still have the problem.  The careers the 2 sims are in are the military career and the painter career, the sim in the military career usually works from home so I'm not sure if she ends up ending her day, but the one in the painter career will end his work day if the military career sim leaves the home lot and comes back.  Neither of them have any lunch sacks on them at the time when this happens, but around the time this was going on there were a lot of random holidays and I know for sure that 2 of the days this happened were on holidays.  Also one other thing I noticed that is similar is that the lot that these 2 sims live on is the trailer park lot in SV, not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Message 9 of 16 (2,224 Views)

Hero
Hi @Aveliexa

could you try for testing what happens if you switch the one in the military career to something else ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (2,218 Views)