[FIXED] [ŞV] 'New' Highlights in Buy mode doesn't disappear

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: Highlighting of new items stuck

Hero
@Mockingjay7 The thread for the build mode is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/N-DS-INPUT-D-SV-New-Highlights-in-Buy-mode-doesn-t-disappear/t...

It's a swatch that's causing the issue. See first post for details

For CAS, Did you try pressing all swatches there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 85 (1,955 Views)

always new object

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up and including university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The items from Lunar new year 2019 cause the object categories in which they appear to be gold even if you have used them or hovered over them. This includes 'My stumps' and Moon Panda toy
What happens when the bug occurs? You think there are new objects when there are not
What do you expect to see? That once all items are viewed even in world mode (where you can use/buy any object) the categories are no longer gold.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All up and including university
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The items from Lunar new year cause the object categories in which they appear to be gold even if you have used them or hovered over them. This includes 'My stumps' and Moon Panda toy
What happens when the bug occurs? You think there are new object when there are not
What do you expect to see? That once all items are viewed even in world mode (where you can use/buy any object) the categories are no longer gold.
Have you installed any customisation with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 22 of 85 (2,011 Views)

Re: always new object

Hero
@Kylakees Tested this and the only objects that give me issues are the ones mentioned here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/N-DS-INPUT-SV-New-Highlights-in-Buy-mode-doesn-t-disappear/td-...

Are you sure it's the ones form Lunar new year ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 85 (1,971 Views)

★★★★ Novice

My apologies it was the error you found. Thanks for the fix!

Message 24 of 85 (1,929 Views)

Hero
@Kylakees I merged your thread then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 25 of 85 (1,914 Views)

Build/Buy Mode Golden Icons Not Going Away

★★★★★ Newbie

What is your current game version number? 1.60.54.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4: Premium Edition The Sims 4: Get to Work The Sims 4: Get Together The Sims 4: City Living The Sims 4: Cats & Dogs The Sims 4: Seasons The Sims 4: Get Famous The Sims 4: Island Living The Sims 4: Discover University The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat The Sims 4: Spa Day The Sims 4: Dine Out The Sims 4: Vampires The Sims 4: Parenthood The Sims 4: Jungle Adventure The Sims 4: StrangerVille The Sims 4: Realm of Magic The Sims 4: Luxury Party Stuff The Sims 4: Perfect Patio Stuff The Sims 4: Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims 4: Spooky Stuff The Sims 4: Movie Hangout Stuff The Sims 4: Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims 4: Kids Room Stuff The Sims 4: Backyard Stuff The Sims 4: Vintage Glamour Stuff The Sims 4: Bowling Night Stuff The Sims 4: Fitness Stuff The Sims 4: Toddler Stuff The Sims 4: Laundry Day Stuff The Sims 4: My First Pet Stuff The Sims 4: Moschino Stuff The Sims 4: Tiny Living The Sims 4: Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You can find this glitch in build/buy mode as the icons are lite up but there is nothing to view. I sent images from my game in the write up so show what I view personally.
What happens when the bug occurs? Nothing, they're are lite up but I can't do anything to make them disappear or anything. While it does not hinder my gameplay it is somewhat of an annoyance.
What do you expect to see? Golden icons that will not go away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.

So I've been having this issue for a while now, and I've reset, fixed uninstalled and reinstalled my game. Did cheats to view all items and the whole works. But I am still viewing golden categories with nothing to see. How do I fix this or is this just a random glitch unique to my game. I don't have any mods or such downloaded just all the expansions. If this has been answered before I apologize but I did not see my question anywhere.

Image Proof:
https://prnt.sc/qtn1a8
https://prnt.sc/qtn2pk
https://prnt.sc/qtn2ue
https://prnt.sc/qtn2yk

Message 26 of 85 (1,875 Views)

Re: Build/Buy Mode Golden Icons Not Going Away

Hero
@GothickRocker Merged your post with existing thread on this.
Please refer to first post for a solution

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 85 (1,867 Views)

Re: [FIXED] [CL] Highlighting of new items stuck in Decorations Category

★★★ Newbie
@GengarUsedLick thanks this helped me out
Message 28 of 85 (1,814 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [ŞV] 'New' Highlights in Buy mode doesn't disappear

★★★ Newbie
@crinrict I've been playing with this bug forever now and thought I'd have to live with it until death did us apart. I want to put you in my wil, crinrict, you have just made my life incredibly better! thank you so much, I'm wishing a lot of great things to come your way until the end of time!
Message 29 of 85 (1,760 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [ŞV] 'New' Highlights in Buy mode doesn't disappear

Hero
@lnpynd :D

Glad to hear it helped

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 85 (1,727 Views)