[ARCHIVED] [SV] Military Career - Daily and Work Tasks not working

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: military career file reports , search for stars does not complete

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hi Crin,

Never to fulfill their needs.  He has gotten up to paint, to use the observatory, and sometimes just stops and sits there.  At the times he has stopped to paint or play a game his fun bar was 75% full. I did eventually get him to complete the task for the next day, but it took the entire day and I had to keep an eye on him because he kept getting up, or just stopped and sat there. I have never had this happen in any of the other careers while performing work tasks, the sim sat and performed the task until I had him do something else.  Also, I did have my sim use the observatory at night and the task was never more than 50% completed.

Message 20 of 48 (2,656 Views)

Re: military career file reports , search for stars does not complete

Hero
Could you test if the same happens in a different household with a different Sim (for testing purposes) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 48 (2,645 Views)

Re: Military career work from home task never completes

★★★ Newbie
I've had trouble with a couple of the other tasks. Before choosing a branch of the career, I marched around my poor sim to exhaustion trying to get the "Practice marching" task accomplished to no avail, and since choosing the Covert Operative branch, I haven't been able to get credit for discovering a piece of StrangerVille evidence.
Message 22 of 48 (2,499 Views)

Re: spar with others not working

★ Guide

Neither of those two options complete the work task or even begin it.  The only way I was able to complete the spar with others work task was to click on a Sim and choose spar, using the Bot did not work after multiple tries using both options.

Message 23 of 48 (2,543 Views)

Hero
Yes, that's how it works

There's two tasks

Practice Sparring = Completes with the bot
Spar with others = Spar with another Sim by clicking on the Sim

Does practice sparring not complete for you on the bot (different task)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 48 (2,545 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Crin,

No it did not.  I tried both of the options of the Bot and it didn't work.  The task never started.  The only way I was able to complete the task was by clicking on another Sim and choosing spar.

Message 25 of 48 (2,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you test a fresh save to see if it works there or quit the career or enter again. I have no issues with it completing. Also a different Sim.

Does the marching get fulfilled for you ? There have been reports for that too and I have also no issues.

As this is different from your initial report, probably a new post is in order for the practice sparring (you did choose practice and not spar with others on the bot to fulfill that ?)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 26 of 48 (2,527 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [ŞV] Search the Star daily task not fulfilling/slow

Hero
added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 48 (2,604 Views)

Re: Searching the stars daily task not completing

Champion (Retired)

@crinrict wrote:

HI @Belgeost 

I moved this over to the bug forum.

I do think it should be possible to complete a daily task within reasonable time.

Military daily tasks are extremely slow to trigger as complete. This applies to both the officer and covert branches with some tasks not showing as completed before the next shift.
I do not use mods/CC

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 28 of 48 (2,531 Views)

Re: [SV] Marching doesn't fulfill daily task

★ Novice

Yeah, same problem. 

In fact, so far, none of the daily tasks have worked for my sim. He did marching a whole day but never reached 1/1 goal mark. He sparred for hours and hours and only got to 25% completion, after which progress stopped completely. 

My sim was recruited from having been level 9 IT-tech, and was offered Military career level 5. 

Also, I play on PC, have latest update, no mods or cc. Bug occurs 100% of times, and I too have all expansions. 

Message 29 of 48 (2,501 Views)