Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [SV] Editing StrangerVille NPCs in CAS causes new ones to sp

by manzana0807

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] [SV] Editing StrangerVille NPCs in CAS causes new ones to sp

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I like to edit NPCs a lot as well. Unfortunately my impression is that the sims4 often generates new NPCs with generated clothing and with different job roles and does not reuse old ones which you have edited, which in turn leads to a lot of NPCs being generated, followed by culling (removing of old sims) often. Especially if you have a save which you have played for a long time with aging turned off.

There are some mods that you can use to limit unplayed sims being generated a lot like MC Command Center with NPC Control by Paulson or townieoverhaul_lessfame by Deichschaf

Be aware that they can cause Last Exceptions though.

Thanks to these mods the game generates less strange looking sims and uses sims that I have edited instead.

NPC Control_50.png

To address this without using mods I think there needs to be some tweaking of how the game generates sims for different job roles, like the Strangerville NPCs.

Message 11 of 15 (643 Views)

★★ Guide

I have noticed that the game as it is now has this general tendency to automatically generate a new sim instead of searching through the list of already created NPCs to find a sim to fill that role. It used to be that so long as I had a sufficient number of athletic sims with 10 in fitness, for example, the game would pick one of them for a Gym Trainer. Now it just creates one. 

Anyway, I've been trying to test whether this issue extends to Military Personnel. Unfortunately, since I have Get Together and their lot is a bar, I'm finding it difficult to suss out which is "specific to StrangerVille" behavior and what is "affected by Get Together" behavior with them. There are two career outfits for them (I think?), but some of them will also appear on lot in their everyday attire. In my control test, I've even had one of them appear all dressed up in armor for Knight Night... Raised eyebrow

Bartenders, like the librarians, are not affected - they can still be edited in CAS and appear for their shift as expected. 

Message 12 of 15 (613 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

edit them once the story is over complete the story, I can't say munch because I don't want to spoil the plot for others.

Edit: Just don't change the traits they are needed for the story.

Message 13 of 15 (605 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

If you use Show Sim Info mod you can see what role a Sim is playing at any given time whether they're on a lot or just walking by in the world. I've found that the Strangerville NPCs usually come to the bar or the library in their work uniforms.

I honestly don't have excessive townie generating since I started flagging Sims to freeze their career before I ever go into CAS and edit them, plus it seems to me that it just generally stabilizes over a period of time once a save ages.

I've found NPC Control and the other larger reduced townie generating mods end up causing issues down the line, because roles are almost always added whenever new packs are released, and it's just a pain trying to keep up with them. They're just too heavily dependent on the mod author having the correct packs, so the roles don't get messed up and not work right. I've also had them cause Sims to not show up for their roles as they should (and I'm talking about just Base Game role Sims).

Strangerville is an interesting case, because my townie count literally doubled (maybe more, to be honest) within a few Sim days, before the game decided I had enough of the Strangerville NPCs. I can't say I've ever seen that happen before.

Message 14 of 15 (597 Views)

Re: [Ň€€ĐŞ ƗŇƤỮŦ] [SV] Editing StrangerVille NPCs in CAS causes new ones to spaw

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 15 (531 Views)