My sims disappeared!

by Poussinfuret83

Original Post

Re: My sims disappeared!

★ Novice

My cases were both with pregnancy/children too.

First one was a played male Sim in Willow Creek having children with Bella Goth, who turned out to have had triplets when I went to visit her after the pregnancy. They aged up, then the next time I checked her lot, all of the original Goths had disappeared, leaving only the triplets, which I don't think normally should be possible? (The triplets were actually playable still)

Second was three families that I made and moved into different houses in Oasis Springs. Sims from the first and second family went and had a baby together. I then played the third family to progress the story. When I checked back, 3 out of the 4 members from the first family had disappeared (including the father of the new child).

I don't know if it's relevant, but in both cases they didn't propose or get married, they were just bf/gf. I haven't gotten to try marriage yet.

Message 61 of 244 (852 Views)

keeping friends

★★★ Newbie

I have played 3 start" new game", and the last 2  will not keep the friends that i make in the friend box. they are totally gone!!!.  theyre not dark shaded when in the box etiher they are light grey.  So basically, i go make close friends and they go to the box, and then totally disapear!! never to be in the box again.   Whats going on? all that hard work to make a friend and then-nothing,   Thank you. 

Message 62 of 244 (947 Views)

Hero

@sparkl4you Merged your post with existing issue.

It's very common unfortunately and no fix atm.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 63 of 244 (944 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Mine wasn't pregnancy-related. Not to say it wasn't a factor in your dissappearances, just that it's definitely not the sole cause. My family consisted of an elder and two teens. 

Message 64 of 244 (945 Views)

★ Novice

I've hit the 'me too' button but wanted to add my voice to the chorus. I just lost a sim I have been working on since release. She had several maxed skills and a maxed career. I switched households to play a new sim for a little while, everything seemed fine until I moved someone out of the original household and into the new one. That left my original sim and 2 kids behind in the original house, but afterward she just vanished. The only people living in the house now are her 2 kids. All of the paintings in the house (which the missing sim painted) say 'Made by: ______', and she doesn't appear on anyone's relationships anymore--not even her kids. I checked the 'not in world' bin but she's not there either. She's just gone, and unfortunately I saved my game before I realized it. Sadness.

Message 65 of 244 (943 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Another thing about the glitch I realized is that even dead sims vanish. What I mean by that is, the grey boxes that appears in the relationship panel which shows dead sims, they also disappear, and when you hover over a disappeared dead sim's grave, it says: _____ lies here, and it doesn't say the sim's name. Same with food and drinks made by sims that vanished. I currently have a family of 6 sims living in a mansion. I want to move some of them out, because the house is getting crowded, and I still want to make the family bigger, but if I move them into another house, they will vanish like the rest of the unplayed households do. Another thing I realized is that if you meet sims on a community lot, or any lot, as soon as they leave the lot, or you leave the lot, they vanish from the relationship panel and from the world.Amazingly, 2 of my other sims lives in 2 different houses, and they haven't vanished yet. I won't play them though, because then I'm risking the mansion's sims vanishing. I hope there's a patch coming soon to fix the issue, because there is no more space for sims in the mansion, and my sims need to make friends to get promotions, which is impossible if sims keep disappearing.

Message 66 of 244 (930 Views)

Hero

Thanks for all the reports.

I hope they find the cause for this and can fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 67 of 244 (918 Views)

Losing friend status

★★★ Newbie

I had this problem when I went to the Gym and got real friendly to another sim when I travelled home again the sim simply did not exist anymore. I had to find another sim and try again.

Has anyone looked into this

Message 68 of 244 (835 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've been playing since the game launched and I have now officially lost 9+ sims.  It is really disappointing losing sims I've leveled up.

The first ones that vanished were all originally from the same family, that moved into different houses and started their own families.  After they disappeared then their children and spouses began to disappear.   I've tried using the 'Save As' suggestion, but they still disappear.

I think I'm going to have to hold off playing anymore till there is a patch to fix this problem.  Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 69 of 244 (882 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've narrowed the specific time to early Thursday morning.  No matter what I do, Sims from three separate households completely disappear forever.  I've created save back-ups to right before it happens.  The stories I was documenting have been completely ruined.  I feel like I'm entitled to a refund for such a game-breaking bug.  All I can do is wait for a patch.

Message 70 of 244 (873 Views)