My sims disappeared!

by Poussinfuret83

Original Post

Re: My sims disappeared!

★★★ Novice
Same problem here. Cassandra's husband and little kid just disappeared into thin air...

No CC
Settings: auto-age off (played and unplayed sims); lifespan: normal.
Message 31 of 244 (4,253 Views)

Re: Sims 4

Community Manager

@PPPKD1994 Your post has been merged into the existing bug report thread for this issue.

Message 32 of 244 (4,240 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I'm having whole households disappear too. Iv been playing the same one for a while then I notice someone is missing from the relationships i went to check the household in the map screen the houses were still there and the green icon but when I scroll over it no sims show. It won't let me play the household if I try to click play it zooms In I can't click anywhere on the map so I change worlds and then Both won't let me click on anywhere. When I go to try to move the household to a different lot just to see it says I cannot move a household with no adults. One household did the same thing earlier today just disappears like that but then I loaded a save I thankfully had before it disappeared. I can't play because it will just keep deleting everyone and I'll lose all my progress not fun. Frown I hope it gets fixed soon.
Message 33 of 244 (4,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I created a guy named Raymond Peterson, made him marry a woman named catherine marks, had a kid named Nicole, kid grew to a teen, tried for baby again with catherine, had twins named jeffrey and miranda. Nicole grew into a young adult, and married another sim named Brennen, and moved in with him, they had a baby named Devon, I switched back to raymond's house, their other 2 kids, jeffrey and miranda became yound adults. I made miranda marry an old guy, and made her move in with him. Then shortly after that, Raymond died of old age. Then I made Raymond's other son, jeffrey marry a woman, and move in with her, and then catherine died of old age, and then Nicole's son Devon gre into a young adult, and then the trouble started. I tried getting him a girlfriend, but everytime I got him a girlfriend, she disappeared if I didn't marry her immediately. Then I finally made him marry a girl before she disappeared. Oh yeah, when I threw a wedding party for Jeffrey, the bartender disappeared after the party ended. I didn't witness it, but I know so, because when I hover over a drink he made, it says made by _____. Also, I got one of jeffrey's wife's children a boyfriend at the lounge, and when she went home and slept, I wanted to invite him over so they can get married, and she could move out, but when I scrolled through the relationship panel, I noticed her boyfriend completely vanished from the panel, and he vanished from the game completely. I am thinking maybe the glitch has something to do with the randomly generated sims overwriting the existing sims. I'm not sure though, but please fix it, it's really annoying.

Oh and just after I typed this message, I went back into the game, and saw Devon's wife disappeared too. At least Devon and the baby is still there.

Message 34 of 244 (4,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

In addition to my previous post, I want to add that I continued to play from a save game from before the deletions happened. Everything seemed to be OK but then a few days later the same issue re-occured and the same sims disappeared from my world.

Edit: This always happens on Thursday morning in game, about 5+ weeks into the game, irrespective of what household I'm playing. And it seems to affect every household except the one I'm playing. The only two sims left, in different households, were sims I downloaded from someone else on the Gallery, the rest were ones I made myself. Re-created twice now.

Message 35 of 244 (4,201 Views)

Sims keep disappearing after switching households

★ Novice

Hi. I've been playing TS4 since it launched at midnight on Sept 2 and I have been playing a few different households to get family progression going. Well not too long ago I had Don Lothario woohoo with the entire Caliente family and after I moved him out into a new house, all the Caliente women were missing. No urn or mourning. They weren't the relationship panel. They didn't move households, they just vanished. It has happened on several occasions with 10 different sims and I can't take it anymore. At least one person disappears from an inactive household, and it happens after having a child, even if it is not the mother or father. I've had a few inactive households where both parents/guardians vanished, leaving only the baby in the bassinet. No one else seems to be having this problem from what I understand and I am almost to my limit with people vanishing into thin air left and right. I don't know what to do.

Message 36 of 244 (3,958 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this problem too.  I scrolled over all my playable households and noticed the Whipple household (mom, new husband, new kid) didn't show up.  I went to manage households and they don't show up there either.  I evicted the household and tried to move it back in, but I'm told this is not possible since the household is empty.  I can still click play on the household, but the map view just zooms in and doesn't enter the house.

Message 37 of 244 (4,178 Views)

Hero

Thanks all.

Don't know what's causing this at this point.

Keep your reports coming.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 244 (4,165 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I got the same problem. I'm playing the sims 4 since it's been released and after my first game session when I started to play I noticed that 3 families had completey disappeared. When i go to the household organiser there isn't got any picture of my family but the household icon with the name still there saying that my family is currently not in the neighbourhood. However they are nowhere to be found. I ended up deleting those "empty" households. Utterly annoying.

Confusedmileymad:

Message 39 of 244 (4,121 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 40 of 244 (4,097 Views)