Re: My sims disappeared!

by ribbonsmakebows

Original Post

Hero

@jfields026 It's a bug. Merged you with all the others.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 151 of 244 (815 Views)

Re: Whole household disappeared, and random sims disappearing from other househo

★★★ Novice

I have my sims disappeared too! When I played another family, the previous family I was playing lost the children and the parents did not remember them at all!!!!

I'm very angry about that!

Message 152 of 244 (820 Views)

★★ Apprentice

AmandaChloe, I tried removing all non-essential households and playing and lo and behold 3 of my Sims that kept disappearing at the time I was testing didn't disappear! Unfortunately 1 of the usuals did as well as his whole family but one.

So it was sort of a partial win there I guess.

Still it has more promise than a lot of the other stuff I've heard so you may be onto something, since it did change the outcome, just not in the way I wanted haha and if it worked for you that awesome :P

Thanks for noticing and sharing Standard smile

Message 153 of 244 (771 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

i want to give an update to my 'solution' 

another week passed, nobody dissapeared, seems it works. 

every wednesday i remove around 20-30 sims from the unplayed sims list, this seems to free up space so the game can create its weekly new sims and the playersims seems to be save them.

it seem it works this way : town have 100 sims living every week the game created 20 new sims, but to put them in it has to remove 20, so it deleted 20 random sims from the game ( random from played households/unplayed housholds or out of world sims)

Normally this should not affect played sims, but it does, this is i guess the bug.

but i delete 20 unplayed sims that are not even in the world, the game can just add those 20 without removing others.

like those elders the game keeps adding.

seems this way works, just have to sacrefice 20 sims to the bug gods every wednesday

Message 154 of 244 (770 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you so much AmandaChloe, that seems to work for me too! I just keep checking my families in the "manage world" section before I save, to ensure they're all there. EA still needs to come up with a patch though - hopefully it'll be quicker and easier now that youv'e diagnosed the problem Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 155 of 244 (763 Views)

★★★ Novice

this did not work for me, I deleted over 20 sims, do I need to delete more? Or load an earlier save? I have it saved right before the delete thursday night

Message 156 of 244 (745 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have sims disappearing from my relationship panel...I went to the park in Oasis Springs and had my sim meet a bunch of new people and made two friends. I went home and checked at night time to see if he still had them as contacts in his relationship panel and they were gone. Its very difficult to complete some job requirements that ask for friends if you keep losing them every night very frustrating bug and pretty much game breaking!

Message 157 of 244 (734 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@ribbonsmakebows wrote:

Thank you so much AmandaChloe, that seems to work for me too! I just keep checking my families in the "manage world" section before I save, to ensure they're all there. EA still needs to come up with a patch though - hopefully it'll be quicker and easier now that youv'e diagnosed the problem Confusedmileyvery-happy:

UPDATE: Actually, after I managed to fix the problem, I played about a week (sim time) and deleted the unplayed households again (on the wednesday before it happens on thursday) and it hasn't worked this time around, I'm still stuck with sims disappearing. Sigh. Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 158 of 244 (731 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I tried playing with one household and doing what was suggested above by deleting unplayed sims when possible but no joy. I've uninstalled the game now till i hear a patch is out that fixes this, no point playing when everytime i play sims go randomly disapearing. EA need to fix this pronto.

Message 159 of 244 (684 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I married Nina to a Sims I created, they had 2 childern and tried for number 3. I played at a different house then went back last night the husband is gone and twin boys appear out of nowhere. The husband was gone he was adavance very well in the tech guru and recently drank the youth elxier (since I started him as an adult instead of young adult, my bad) Now Nina is stuck in a house with 2 baby and 2 childern and no husband.

In addition I would like to be able to name the babies while jumping house to house playing other stories.  

Message 160 of 244 (664 Views)