Re: My sims disappeared!

by ribbonsmakebows

Original Post

disappearing sims

★★★ Newbie

some family members have disappeared, you can see when hovering over there house in the world map that they are no longer there and it can leave children living there on thier own. when you go in to the remaining family members relationships it is like the disappered sim never exsisted.

Message 111 of 244 (1,460 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I have also experienced this glitch, and  I agree with other comments that it is game breaking for me. I have played Sims since Bustin Out on the console and Sims 2 on the PC. I have a deep love for Sims but not so much it's owner EA and their money grubbing tactics. I honestly think they just rushed this game out to get to their money quick because it has way more bugs and more serious ones than Sims 2 or 3 had on their release. But back to my experience with the disappearing. At first my sister in law disappeared. She was living in another house with my brother nephew and niece. She has been coming over to my Sim's house for weddings and birthdays and just random visiting and then I go out to the manage worlds after my son moves out after his wedding and she is just gone. Her own family doesn't even have her in their relationship panels. I have separate save files for each part of the family and I just save each individual one depending on which family I am playing. Well I read about this glitch on here and read that someone said that he just saves in Manage Worlds after he double checks that everyone is there and if they disappear then he restarts. So I remake my sister in law via Create a Sim and continue playing. My two sons move out of the house having gotten married and my oldest son has twins and my younger son has a son with his wife. I go back to playing my original family and when I go back to manage worlds their wives have just disappeared. So I restart and play my house again and even after one sim day the wives disappear again. This happens all (real life) day so I just become frustrated and haven't played Sims for three or four days. Hoping they will come out with a patch to fix this. This is very disheartening to me, because despite all the other glitches and weird things they removed I was really enjoying Sims 4 until this. :/

Message 112 of 244 (1,591 Views)

Hero

I have now tested this a bit and it does seem to be related to some Thursday night clean up. For me it wasn't always the same time when testing several times but my Sims family disappeared on Thursday Night between 3-6 am. 

The wife was pregnant and they had a son, all gone. It isn't just families though but they seem most vulnerable. I need to do some more testing but since it's reproducible I hope that the devs can check what routine runs Thursday night that could potentially be responsible for this.

The only work around I see at this point is to save on wednesday under a new name and then see what families disappear. Play those you wanna keep (although you can only save one).

This is most definitly is game breaking and I hope EA finds the cause and can fix it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 113 of 244 (1,588 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I have this problem too but so far only related to townies. They disappear when the sim with the relationship goes to bed. If I use manage households before then and they are an option in ' out of this world' sims and i move them into a house they continue to exist.
Message 114 of 244 (1,577 Views)

★★★ Novice

i only noticed this 'problem' last weekend when my crazy pink haired Alyson was mysteriously missing from her household.

Mortimer Goth has dissapeared for me too. 

so far it all where households that had children age up, but now a minute ago i had the landgraab parents dissapear, i never played the household, aging is off.

so this  bug/problem has not anything to do with aging, non-touched/aged houshould sims dissapear too.

i had removed a bunch of random sims from the manage houshold panel, in the hope that removing them gives the game space to add new sims, but seemingly this failed too, because Geoffrey and Nancy Landgraab dissapeared. 

i created a new game with 1 family to play with, so i can still play the game without worrying about dissapearances, becauwe the other sims in town are not important.

this bug really needs to be solved.

Message 115 of 244 (1,565 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Crin, I'm glad you've also reproduced it (though of course I am sad you also lose your families).  I have reproduced it roughly 5 times and have tried various ways to avoid it happening, all with no success.

My next plan is to save all the sims to my library, start a brand new game, and bring them all in again so at least I can play them for a few sim days before the issue repeats itself.

This is because I can't bear simply not playing until it is fixed, as that could be a long time. 

Crin, have you had any response from any of the SimGurus about this issue? I've been away a few days for work so haven't followed your Twitter very closely.

Message 116 of 244 (1,564 Views)

★★★ Novice

We all must keep doing whatever we can to bring this to EA's attention, at least until we get them to acknowledge the problem and say they are working on a solution.  I will try posting to Reddit once a day, although my posts have been getting downvoted so it seems people on there are not experiencing the issue.

Message 117 of 244 (1,554 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@illin1 wrote:

We all must keep doing whatever we can to bring this to EA's attention, at least until we get them to acknowledge the problem and say they are working on a solution.  I will try posting to Reddit once a day, although my posts have been getting downvoted so it seems people on there are not experiencing the issue.

Agreed! I also went to the EA live chat and mentioned it to the person who tried to help me there, but it didn't work Frown (I tried re-installing), maybe if more people did this it would help alert them to the issue. Pleeeease fix this EA! Otherwise I really will have to return the game!

Message 118 of 244 (1,536 Views)

Hero

I've got some reaction as to it's being acknowledge but they seem to kinda have gone back to the silent treatment we know from Sims 3.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 119 of 244 (1,532 Views)

★★★ Novice

It happens to my families no matter if they have relationships with the sim or not. It's mainly happened in the unplayed households and the ones not in the world. It's frustrating because when my teens and singles try to get a partner, they are gone when I rotate houses and I can't complete the whim because the replacement are all elderly. Well that is a bummer for the teens but I don't want all my sim hooked up with elderly. I have the unplayed aging and the played with aging on when they are active.

Message 120 of 244 (1,500 Views)