Whole household disappeared, and random sims disappearing from other households.

by RikaRageous

Original Post

Whole household disappeared, and random sims disappearing from other households.

★★★ Novice

I started with one family which I split up twice so the members live in 3 different houses. From the initial house, 1 sim has disappeared. From the second house the entire household has disappeared. The third house is fine, which is the most recent one played.
By disappeared I mean in the first house the missing sim's icon is gone, and he is unplayable. In the second house the whole family's icons are gone, but you can still see the household name and funds. When I try to play them the game attempts to zoom into the household but just freezes on the map view. When other sims visit the second house it says "nobody is home".

It's super annoying because the family in the third house have lost brothers, cousins and nieces. The majority of their family has disappeared off the face of the earth.

Message 11 of 244 (22,889 Views)

Re: My sims disappeared!

★★ Novice

My Sims have disappeared too. First a whole family - says the houshold is empty and now parts of families and another whole family. This is definitly a glitch or a bug and it is very annoying. 

Message 12 of 244 (22,856 Views)

Hero

Thanks for the report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 244 (22,854 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hey, I just had this family loose too.

1. I made a baby with the Woman from the "Grusel" (german name of family, english might be Spooky or Creepy or something) family while she still stayed with her husband and my person living allone.

2. went to visit and made the action which let the baby grow up

3. went back to my house

4. I wanted to login into the Goth Family to buy some stuff for the little girl and noticed the rest of the family was gone.

I saved on step 3 so the family is gone and no way to get it back. Is there a way to re get them (like original copy in galerie to download and place)?

Message 14 of 244 (22,836 Views)

disappearing Sims and Families

★★ Novice

I have had whole and patial families disappear. Very annoying

Message 15 of 244 (22,822 Views)

As of last night I am missing two entire famlies now.  I had two lots I had played over several days, I posted about it in the stickie thread about lost saves though I am not sure if this situation is quite like the ones I read in that thread.  It's like my two famlies never existed as their lots have reset to their original state. 

I have no idea what to do other than to wait to hear back from EA on my tech ticket.  With this kind of bug if there isn't a reslove I will pursue a refund as there is no point in playing the game if I am going to lose entire lots and all my progress.

Message 16 of 244 (22,822 Views)

Re: disappearing Sims and Families

Evidently you're not the only one, so have mine, found others posting about it here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/My-sims-disappeared/m-p/3459543#U3459543

Message 17 of 244 (22,817 Views)

Hero

This issue could be either at this point. Depends if it's just the families or all progress is gone.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 18 of 244 (22,814 Views)

Re: Whole household disappeared, and random sims disappearing from other househo

★★★ Novice

Update:

Now unplayed sims are disappearing too!

Message 19 of 244 (22,824 Views)

Young Adult/Adult Sims disapearring

★★ Novice

I've created a lot of my own townies for my sims to visit and interact with. Problem is, sims keep disappearing into the abyss for me. These are young adult and adult sims that are poofing into said void. When I scroll over their respective houses on the map, I can see their children there alone with no adult. The sim children continue to age up, but the original parent sim never shows up again.

Message 20 of 244 (22,803 Views)