My sim from My Sims Mobile game disappeared and is now missing!

by nycbigl

Original Post

My sim from My Sims Mobile game disappeared and is now missing!

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Android Phone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) Alcatel 1X Evolve
OS Version Android Version 8.1.0
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no clue how you can find the problem. The sim has completely disappeared.
What do you expect to see? For my Sims not to go missing and for the missing sim to return to my game.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country United States

Well, the glitch that has been happening to so many simmers in have been having in The Sims Mobile has finally happened to me. One of my sims up and disappeared from my Sims Mobile game. I had just finished doing a relationship event at the cafe with two of my sims when I sent one of them home. That is when I realized that the other sim no longer existed. He is the adult son of my oldest sims yet it's as if he was never born. He's not even in the household photo anymore and none of my sims have him in their relationship list anymore. What a pity. I really liked that sim and was about to make him playable.

Does anyone know if there is anyway for me to get back my missing sim?😳🤔⁉️🕵️‍♀️

Screenshot_20210505-123932.pngScreenshot_20210508-203914.pngScreenshot_20210515-221240.png

The last picture below is how this particular household looks like now. Even though I moved the rest of the family to a new house, there are suppose to be three sims in the original starter house and not two. It's as if Erebus Serenity never existed.

Screenshot_20210524-211100 (1).png

Message 1 of 16 (3,951 Views)

Re: My sim from My Sims Mobile game disappeared and is now missing!

Hero
@nycbigl This issue has been observed happening after finishing events at the café during STS.
Your Sim might be somewhere in the city. If you find him, you'll see he is now a total stranger. One of your playable Sims will have to establish a relationship with him, then do the proposal at level 4 of the relationship and finally, make them marry. It's the only way to make him come back to the household.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 16 (3,929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
First of all, before I respond I would like to say, THANK YOU so very much for your reply. I am truly grateful. 😊🖤
You are NOT going to believe this!
I found my missing sim that totally completely disappeared from my sim's family JUST before I read your reply. 😲  He was right where I left him. In the cafe. LOL! 😆
But the game is still glitched because none of my sims knew him. He was still a total stranger to his own parents and sibling and is labeled as such. I had to have all my sims reintroduce themselves at level 1. He is still missing from the family photo and is not living where he is supposed to (which is with his parents). It's as if all my sims got amnesia or something. LOL!
But it's too creepy to have him married to his own family. Anyway they are all already married. Mom and Dad are married and the older brother is married too. Only one former older roommate of the mom is still not married but is currently dating another sims at the moment. LOL!
Is there anyway to fix it? How do I get him to move back in with his parents? 🤔
Again, Thank You so very much for your response. I really appreciate it. You rock!🖤

IMG_20210525_202938.jpgScreenshot_20210525-200944.png
Message 3 of 16 (3,908 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@nycbigl hello 😊

Thanks, you're very kind. 

Here's an idea: make temporarily passive one of the family members. Create a new Sim and use this Sim to establish a relationship with Erebus Serenity so they can marry. In this way you will get your Sim back home.

This is very important! If you don't want them to continue married, don't divorce them while he is passive because he will be automatically removed from the household. Both Sims that are going to divorce must be active so they keep active after the divorce.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 16 (3,885 Views)

Just lost Yamachan (and all relationships had with him)

★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7
OS Version 14.8
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See below
What do you expect to see? See below
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I had one of my Sims doing a short hangout with Yamachan, whom this Sim is married to and has completed their Two Peas in One Odd Pod relationship with. When I returned to the game just now and clicked the pink checkmark, the progress bar that pops up at the bottom filled up from zero, showing Yamachan’s face, but no name or relationship title. Then when I went to look for Yamachan, he was nowhere to be found and the relationship is now completely missing from the list of relationships.

All my other Sims that had friendships with him are missing Yamachan as well. I had Yamachan living by himself at the Eco Retreat, and now the Eco Retreat shows a 0 indicating that no one lives there. This is ridiculous and infuriating because I purchased the Hello Japan festival pass, which gave me the Yamachan NPC. Now that he is missing, it makes me hesitant to buy future festival passes (or anything in general from TSM) if items are going to disappear. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 16 (3,575 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi Salixcat👋

Yes i have a suspicion it was the Sts event that might have triggered this.

Hi All 👋

This is the 4th day my Sims Valentina Edgewater has been missing after I made her passive. I followed the instructions of the 3 EA Tech but they just gave me a run around. I still can't find her anywhere. The last event with her was at her home at Yamachan's house.
She's already at level 5 relationship and the fiance of my Malkom. I thought she won't disappear once i establish a few of her hobbies, careers and relationships when i make her passive but turns out the same. It's depressing since i'm an avid player and not only spend time but also money for a few offered packs. I hope i can still get her back even if i have to start from 0 on all her stories.
This happened to me 2x in different times quite some time ago but i was able to see my missing sim downtown and get them back. Since then, i seldom use the passive thing.  However, this is different... She's really gone! 😖😫😭 Do you think after the STS, i could get to see her roaming around town again? 🥺

Message 6 of 16 (3,633 Views)

★ Novice

I’m sorry to have to say this but I lost one of my Sims several months ago and he never returned. He was about 8th generation, so an adult child of one of my Sims in a long line of Sims. I had made him passive about a week earlier; but I really liked him and intended to make him active again soon - I was just developing a storyline for his wife. Needless to say, I was very upset and complained to EA but the response was flippant - “he’ll show up!” Which only made me more angry. Now if I want to create a storyline for a spouse, I try to do it in a few hours. It’s a serious glitch which EA doesn’t seem interested in fixing. A few days ago another sim (13th generation) disappeared but this one did show up the next day. I’m still trying to get the two Sims to the point where one of them can propose. They already have a child together. 

Message 7 of 16 (3,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

P.S. I’m not a “novice”. I’ve been playing the Sims since the ‘90s.

Message 8 of 16 (3,558 Views)

★★ Novice
@hastingshouse Thank you so much for responding. I'm afraid you're right coz i finished the Sts event and even restarted the game app even my phone but she didn't show up.
I was planning to create my own version on Bella and Mortimer Goth love story using Malcolm and Valentina but now, poof! 🤯😱 I'm building up Malcolm's career and hobby stories atm.. though i get tempted in having him engaged with other players' sim. 😕😖 This is terrible.. i can hardly make him move on yet 😣😩😫
I'll just make him focus in making lotsa simoleons and make friends with my veteran sims. I hope EA is really working on this issue, it's just so sad and disappointing. 😢🤧😔
Message 9 of 16 (3,532 Views)

Re: Just lost Yamachan (and all relationships had with him)

★★★★ Guide

I realize now that this post should be merged with this thread here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/My-sim-from-My-Sims-Mobile-game-disappeared-and-is-now-missing...

In that thread, @SalixCat details exactly what happened to me. It was a hangout at the cafe during the current STS that triggered the missing relationship.

Update: I did indeed find my missing Yamachan 1 day later, much to my surprise, walking around outside my main lot. I now have to re-do a relationship with him and re-marry, etc. to bring him back into my household.

Noted: Do not do hangouts at the cafe anymore.

I really hope there can be a fix for this soon.

Message 10 of 16 (3,517 Views)