My sim can't interact with anything

by ThatSamGirl92

Original Post

My sim can't interact with anything

★★★ Newbie

So, long story short my sim had a baby and since I wasn't sure what gender it would be I waited to get a nursery until the baby was born. Baby was a girl, so I went into the gallery and found this adorable baby girl nursery. First, I couldn't even put it on the level I wanted in the house, not because it didn't fit, but because it "couldn't find object" (I put it on a different level). Then, I couldn't put ANYTHING on that level (I only tried fitness equipment) so I had to put the stuff I wanted on a different level (three level house). Now, somehow magically in the world of the sims, my sims can't interact with anything or anyone. My sim baby is about to be taken away by social services and I can't get the mom (who is the only one home right now) to feed her, change her, anything. I click the baby sim, or the treadmill, or the fridge, or anything, and no interactions come up. I tried moving houses, thinking that maybe the problem was with the nursery (which makes no sense, but whatever) and there's still no options. I'm pretty frustrated, because I can't even age the baby up to see if she can walk around and take care of her own needs (so far the mom is just sleeping, not even paying attention to the baby). I'm trying to do a generational thing, and I don't want to have to start a new game or re-install the game. 

So, synopsis: I click on objects or sims and no interactions show up.

Anybody have any suggestions that might resolve this without having to essentially start all over? I tried to resetsim, that didn't work either.

Message 1 of 2 (1,871 Views)

Re: My sim can't interact with anything

Hero

Is the nursery a room you downloaded or custom content objects ?

This issue is on the common bugs list here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Sims-4-game-breaking-bug-can-t-click-anything-beyond... but I wonder if for you it does have something to do with that nursery (especially if it's custom content). 

Did you try starting a new game to see if you have the same issue or maybe delete the nursery from your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 2 (1,867 Views)