Re: My newborn babies don't start with relationship with parents.

by MamaSimmerPlays

Original Post

My newborn babies don't start with relationship with parents.

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? I have the Steam version, so whatever there today, 12th Sep '21
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco, seasons, dining out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim give birth after finishing friend of the world aspiration, then give birth.
What happens when the bug occurs? The newborn babies start with no relationship points with the parents and parents need to "introduce" themselves to the newborns upon growing up to toddlers. Even if the parents interact with the children in baby stage, they still need to introduce. They don't recognize their parents as takecarers, until introduction, but they do recognize their older siblings.
What do you expect to see? Parents should start with at least friends with the children, even if with 'beloved' trait.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi, I'm 90% sure about this after browsing around the internet, that 'beloved' is the one thing that causes it in the newest version. This is the first time for me to ever have 20+ friends on my sims and most of them are their children (including the ones who have moved out). I'm doing 100 babies challenge couple edition now. The parents are true friends with each others, they have a friend outside the house, and all of their children so far, up to letter 'S' (I name the children alphabetically for easier counting), and I got the 'beloved' trait after S was born. The next children, starting from 'T' onward, who's a set of quadruplet, start getting this problem and it drove me insane. I could fix it by making them instant friends using MCCC and they don't need introduction, but it's just awkward and not right by default.

Message 1 of 2 (991 Views)

Re: My newborn babies don't start with relationship with parents.

★★★★ Apprentice

My 100 baby Matriarch is also Beloved, and 5 star famous. I've never had any mods. Not all her babies are born with no relationship with her, but most of them. By the time they age up to toddler the bar is full because she's their only carer for that time, but she still has to introduce herself to them (That's another issue, that being famous prevents relations introducing themselves. I can tell you now that nobody is famous to their blood kin) or the kids can't speak to her. Also, even after that introduction, when I click on the toddler bed she gets "read toddler to sleep" whereas the older siblings in the house get "read Stephen to sleep" - the current toddler being Stephen. All the babies born with an empty relationship bar to their mother still have the usual half-full bar with siblings in the house, and with their respective fathers, even though their fathers died before the babies were born.

Message 2 of 2 (903 Views)