by Lilac1606

Original Post

My adult sim won't help their child with homework

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Cats and Dogs, Get Together, City Living, Seasons, Get Famous, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Outdoor Retreat
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to help a child with homework after the child has started homework, and you'll find that the option to do so simply isn't there.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mother can't help the child with homework.
What do you expect to see? The option to help with homework appearing so that the mother can help her child!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My adult sim won't help their child with homework.

When I go to make my adult sim help her child with homework as the child is working on it, the option simply isn't there. I remember being able to before I took a six month long break that I ended just yesterday. I really need her to help her child with homework, otherwise she can't complete her aspiration!

I have no idea what to do, and I have no clue what caused the bug. The mom is permanently stuck on this little aspiration level (help child with homework 3 times) until the bug is fixed or I can figure out a way to force her to help with homework by some obscure trick.

Message 1 of 9 (3,544 Views)

Re: My adult sim won't help their child with homework

Hero
@Lilac1606 Please use this thread for the toddler issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-can-t-help-toddlers-to-potty-or-play-blocks/t...

Could you edit this post to just be about the homework issue ?

For me that still works fine. Did you make the Child do homework and then click with the mom on the child ?

You can cheat the aspiration level with: aspiration.complete_current_milestone

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (3,501 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Edited the post to get rid of toddler stuff.

Yes, I did the child do homework and then click with the mom on the child.
Message 3 of 9 (3,471 Views)

Hero
@Lilac1606 Did you try if it's limited to this Sim or if others have issues too ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (3,454 Views)

Hero
@Lilac1606 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 9 (3,346 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same issue, and I wonder if it's because the kid is a genius and doesn't need the help.

Message 6 of 9 (3,047 Views)

Hero
@IrishFire Does it work with a child that isn't a genius ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 9 (3,007 Views)

★ Novice

I'm not sure! This is the first time I've picked up the game on this new machine, and the family's first kid.

It did start spontaneously working, when it didn't before, and it only works when the child is already doing homework.  They can't ask for homework help, and the parent can't offer it unless homework is already in progress.

Message 8 of 9 (2,988 Views)

Hero
@IrishFire yes, that's how it works.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (2,978 Views)