by mem1262

Original Post

[MWS] Tattoos/Body Hair/Medical wearables and skins paint on dresses

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.85.203.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Star Wars
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to use any custom female skin (not skin overlay) with yfBody_GP11DressLALace_Solid and yfBody_GP11DressElegant dresses or make a test tatto that uses composition method 0 and covers lower torso body area.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any tattoo, skin, skin detail etc. that uses composition method 0 and covers lower torso body area is visible on yfBody_GP11DressLALace_Solid and yfBody_GP11DressElegant dresses
What do you expect to see? Tattoos, skins and other content with composition method 0 shoild not be visible on dresses.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There are at least 2 of the new wedding dresses that look weird with any custom skin or custom tattoo on some body pats like belly, their textures also are always applied on those dresses surface. To show the issue I moved one of the default leg tattoo to lower belly area. I guess these dresses need to be fixed.

222.jpg333.jpg

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted title, split from an other thread., filled in template from info given, added tag

Message 1 of 13 (3,748 Views)

Re: Gloves partially paint Dress (My Wedding Stories)

Hero
@demon25970 that looks like a different issue. Please create your own thread.

if you cc by custom, it's something you need to talk about to the creator of the tattoo.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 13 (3,727 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same problem too. Some skins also paint the dresses as well: https://i.snipboard.io/6aL3EV.jpg

Message 3 of 13 (3,682 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RtHonLaqueesha custom skins or EA skins ?

Going to move this into it's own thread as it's not related to gloves.

I tested some EA tattoos and these work fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 13 (3,648 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrictAny skin, any tattoo, any skin detail, anything that uses lower belly or torso area with Composition Method parameter = 0 will result in this issue with these dresses. It doesn't really matter if it's a custom thing or not. EA just doesn't have anything that fits both criteria at the moment, but it it has, this would result in this issue. I shown this in my example, just moved one of the EA tattoo to another body area.
So yes, any custom skin (not skin overlay) will result in this and it's not a CC problem but the problem of these dresses.

Message 5 of 13 (3,609 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@demon25970 I split your post as the issue you posted in was about gloves.

Please edit your first post and fill in the bug template.

EDIT

Does this not count as lower torso ? I tested that one and that looked fine for me. Also since you say EA doesn't have any tattoos that fit the criteria, they might still count it as a cc issue as it's not happening on a vanilla game. 

Any examples for the skin issues ?

Bild_2022-03-20_020430.png

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 13 (3,583 Views)

★★★ Novice
Message 7 of 13 (3,551 Views)

CC Tattoos and skins paint on dresses

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict the tattoo you tested has composition method 1, not 0, this means it uses a lower layer and is covered by the dress texture. In the main post I tested with the tattoo that has composition method 0.

Yes, currently this is not happening on a vanilla game but just because it doesn't have any suitable tatoos yet, however, there is a special slot for them. I intentionally took the default 'dolphin' leg tattoo and just moved it to another area to show that this is not a CC issue.

Sure, here I used one of the RemusSirion skins for the example:

44.jpg

Message 8 of 13 (3,530 Views)

My Wedding Stories Dresses in CAS vs Live Mode

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.88.228.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything, but Realm of Magic
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into CAS and select a few of the long dresses from My Wedding Stories - specifically the dress with lace (long sleeves), the ballgown with sparkles on it (halter top), and the dress (also with sparkles on it, but has a shear top & long sleeves) as your sims outfit.
What happens when the bug occurs? These 3 dresses seem perfectly fine in CAS when my sims wear them, no clipping or weird colors. I exit CAS and have my Sims change outfit into one of these dresses, and the dresses don't look as they do in CAS, i.e., weird clipping of some sort. This problem occurs with EVERY Sim I put these dresses on - no matter what color the dresses are in, it happens with every swatch. This happened before I installed any CC, and it still occurs when I disable CC.
What do you expect to see? The dresses should look the same in CAS and in live mode - without bugs.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This issue has been happening since I've been playing with My Wedding Stories when it first came out. I had hoped that the patches you came out with since then would have fixed it over time, but unfortunately they haven't. Please help and fix this issue so that my Sims can wear my favorite (and the best designed) dresses during their weddings. Thanks in advance! Standard smile 

Message 9 of 13 (2,673 Views)

Re: My Wedding Stories Dresses in CAS vs Live Mode

★★★ Pro

I guess this is the fault one your mods (CC) especially Screen 1 you see body hair (pubes), which in a vanilla game doesn’t exist. Please try the dress again without any mods and delete your cache before you start the game.

I test it in my vanilla game and the dresses looks all fine on my Judith-Clone-Army.

Message 10 of 13 (2,620 Views)