Re: My Sims have random objects from the town square in household inventory.

by crinrict

Original Post

My Sims have random objects from the town square in household inventory.

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Seasons, Get Together, Get Famous, Get to Work, Island Living, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Strangerville, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Jungle Adventure, Movie Night, Laundry Day, Bowling Night, and Fitness Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Check household inventory with Sims that live in the fashion district at San Myshuno.
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims household has random objects that should be in the town square (food stalls, decorative pieces, trashcans)
What do you expect to see? An inventory of things my sims own.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hello, while working on my Sim's apartment (701 Zenview) I noticed they have random objects like food stalls and trashcans in the household inventory that I think are from the town square. The objects seem to be debug items or something because they have no price on them. None of my Sims have a trait to take things so I have no clue where these are coming from or what to do. I have a photo below to show the inventory. There are some things that belong to the Sims that are career items (The last I think four items I'm not sure about the airplane toy) but all the decor and food stalls do not belong to them.

Message 1 of 5 (557 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

There seems to be a pretty big issue with Sims autonomously doing N.A.P.-related activities. Could be the Sharing is Caring N.A.P.? It also seems like there's a bug that gives Sims N.A.P. traits from any neighborhood they visit--so if you visited somewhere w/Sharing is Caring, your Sim could be stealing things on their own. 

Message 2 of 5 (516 Views)

★ Apprentice
@LaurenVillone Is that still possible without the Eco Lifestyle EP? I don’t have that one.
Message 3 of 5 (504 Views)

★★ Guide

OH I didn't notice that! No idea whether or not they're related--sorry if I was confusing! 

It's definitely kind of strange that you're having that issue though--just since Eco Lifestyle has a feature that's causing something similar to happen. Hope you can find an answer!!

Message 4 of 5 (497 Views)

Hero
@LazyCatCorner Wonder if they end up in the household inventory now when stuff despawns from the lots.

Could you check if you get more when the public spaces change ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (470 Views)