by hollabec_girl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sim doesn't advance career experience or grades

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have two adult sims in my family. One was my CAS original, the other is a strangerville scientist she married. I personally suspect her "scientist" classification is what's causing the issue.
What happens when the bug occurs? Whenever she goes to work, her experience bar does not raise or lower. Her career is culinary, a base game career. This has gone on for probably 6 in-game weeks. At first I let it slide and manually promoted her with the careers.promote cheat, thinking it occurred because her hours were during my other sims job as a get-to-work scientist. I thought maybe since I was on a career lot at the time, that was why I didn't see her results. I've since enrolled them both in university. My original sim gets positive messages from class, while the former strangerville scientist gets the "did the minimum of showing up, something needs to change" message. She gets this message EVERY class. I've completed all the homework, projects, studied etc. At the end of the semester, my original sim got straight As, and the strangerville scientist got all Fs. She's now on probation, and I put the same work in with them both. Through their university experience, my original sim has taken vacation time from her GTW scientist job because of time conflicts. My strangerville scientist continues to go to work in the culinary field. Despite being home she still gains no experience. Additional note: she still has the red "scientist" term above her name when you mouse over her. The strangerville mystery has been solved.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see her gain experience when she goes to work, or to pass classes she's put the proper effort into.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 1 of 5 (3,282 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sim doesn't advance career experience or grades

★★★★★ Novice

Crinrict,

I'll definitely check out the DU bug post, thanks!

As for the career experience, yes, it was only one sim with this issue. The former strangerville scientist would not gain experience.

Today when I logged in to play, the red "scientist" label above her name had disappeared. Once this was gone she began gaining experience. I didn't do anything to remove it or edit her career path at all. Just gone. 

But still, for the longest time after she joined my family it was present. Even when she was in the culinary career, the scientist label was there. I used MCCC to see her settings and her career was listed as "strangerville scientist," which is why I suspected that as the culprit. Disabled my mods and played for a few days without them, still no change. Today when I noticed it was gone and the experience gained, I re-enabled them. This time MCCC listed her career as culinary.

Curious if this will affect her DU grades, but that will take more time to test!

View in thread

Message 3 of 5 (3,201 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@hollabec_girl For the failing uni, it's probably best to post here as well as provide your save to QA: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-DU-Sims-fail-university-despite-meeting-all-criter...

As for the promotion: That's just one Sim that has the problem of not getting promoted or all of them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (3,227 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Crinrict,

I'll definitely check out the DU bug post, thanks!

As for the career experience, yes, it was only one sim with this issue. The former strangerville scientist would not gain experience.

Today when I logged in to play, the red "scientist" label above her name had disappeared. Once this was gone she began gaining experience. I didn't do anything to remove it or edit her career path at all. Just gone. 

But still, for the longest time after she joined my family it was present. Even when she was in the culinary career, the scientist label was there. I used MCCC to see her settings and her career was listed as "strangerville scientist," which is why I suspected that as the culprit. Disabled my mods and played for a few days without them, still no change. Today when I noticed it was gone and the experience gained, I re-enabled them. This time MCCC listed her career as culinary.

Curious if this will affect her DU grades, but that will take more time to test!

Message 3 of 5 (3,202 Views)

Hero
@hollabec_girl I can't remember how the label thing worked. There was something about it. Need to find the thread on that.

Do I understand you correctly that it's now working ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (3,173 Views)

Hero
@hollabec_girl Is this solved for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (3,120 Views)