Re: My Sim Keeps Starting Kitchen Fires

by AriaMad2

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Constant Fires (Reason unknown)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Get Famous, Get to Work, Island Living, Seasons, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Vampires, Backyard Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Tiny Living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Cook any food that requires a stove
What happens when the bug occurs? Almost every time I cook something on the stove, a fire starts.
What do you expect to see? Fires should not start almost every time I cook, especially when I have one of the most expensive ovens and have a level 10 cooking skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My sim is a level 10 cooking skill and I have one of the most expensive stoves in the game. She should not be starting a fire almost every time she cooks on the stove. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 1 of 109 (17,440 Views)

★ Guide
@RandomGirl900 I have two ideas on this one. First of all, what traits does she have?
Message 2 of 109 (17,413 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim currently has Creative, Cat Lover, Vegetarian, Quick Learner, and Domestic. She also has Slinger of Spells and Stoves and Grills Master from reward traits. 

Message 3 of 109 (17,409 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@RandomGirl900 Do you have the cursed lot trait ?

There's several threads for fires currently. Please me too the ones you have and post in the correct one. This thread is for everything unclear what the reason.

Specific threads

Fires also likely start when your Sim has low skill, has the clumsy trait or uses cheap stoves. These are not bugs. For all the ones listed above it's insanely excessive and needs tuning down (although all these conditions do raise chances of fires)

There are also mods that can cause this so make sure to remove all mods to before posting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 109 (17,385 Views)

Hero
@RandomGirl900 Are you still having issues with this ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 109 (17,348 Views)

Constant Fires!!! and Eco Upgrades Not Working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

★★★ Newbie

hey yall for the past 3 or so days fires have been randomly starting in the same exact spot on my lot often. I have checked and there's legit nothing that can be causing it on my end. the spot is in the middle of nowhere on my lot with nothing near it to cause the fires. Also, I have made about 10 eco upgrade parts and they are in my inventory, but I cannot use them. The game isn't recognizing them and keeps telling me I have none when I obviously do. 

I have never submitted a bug before so I have absolutely no idea if I did this right or if EA is aware of these issues. I have never experienced a bug to this magnitude (the constant fires 24/7) so I wanted to tell at least someone this lol.  TIA!!!! 

Message 6 of 109 (14,347 Views)

Re: Constant Fires!!! and Eco Upgrades Not Working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hero
@TakeMeToTheSky9 Could you please edit your post and fill out the bug form ? Seems you weren't prompted for it.

Editing should help with that.

Few questions:
1. Do you have a cursed lot trait ?
2. Do you have Snowy Escape and put a heater ?

For the eco upgrades: Where does it tell you, you have none ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 109 (14,332 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I did as you suggested and didn't see anywhere to fill out a bug form?? I will try again later when I'm not at work though lol..... To answer your questions though, 1) no I don't. I have no lot traits on it. 2) No to this either. I have no fireplaces/heaters on the lot or Snowy Escape............ For the Eco Upgrade Parts, when I go to the upgrade panel on an object it tells me I don't have that part. It works like normal telling me I have the other upgrade parts( common upgrade, plumbing upgrade, electronic, etc) , just not the eco upgrade parts. I have tried everything I can think of (including no mods/cc), but nothing seems to work and I cant think of another explanation besides it being a bug. 

Message 8 of 109 (14,315 Views)

Hero
@TakeMeToTheSky9 Ok. The form is currently so broken. Just do try later, hopefully it will be triggered,

1. Can you try go to game options - Gameplay and turn off Build mode items grant gameplay effects to check if that helps with the fires (just for testing)
2. Does it tell you you don't have enough parts ? The Eco parts are different than the others by telling you how many you still need instead of how many oyu need in total. If that's not it, could you post a picture of what you're seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 109 (14,310 Views)

Hero
@TakeMeToTheSky9 Did you get a chance to check my suggestions out ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 109 (14,264 Views)