by crinrict

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Multiple nannies showing up

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Pets, Vampires, Laundry Day, Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Goth house and it shows up when you click play household.
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple nannies load in the house, and I get multiple notifications of nannies showing up. Happens with only a few families. Goth family has it happen to them when they're on the Goth house lot, when I move them to empty lot it loads too many nannies. Same with a house in Komorebi.
What do you expect to see? No nannies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Last patch.

Multiple nannies are showing up on 2 lots, the Goth house in Willow Creek and one in Komorebi. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 14 (10,177 Views)

Re: Multiple nannies showing up

[ Edited ]
Hero

@dobydog2 Did you hire one at all ?

At what point did you remove your mods ? Does it happen on a fresh save that never had mods in as well ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 14 (10,129 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

On a fresh save, here are the steps that caused my "endless nannies":

1) Hire a nanny or have a nanny hired recently.

2) Travel to a location other than home.

3) While away, <hard part / timing>, nanny calls you and asks advice on whether to get a new job. (This is part of the new neighborhood influence changes).

3a) Tell them, "Yes, go for it" or whichever is the affirmative answer.

4) Travel home.

5) Every 30 seconds, a new nanny shows up at your door and bombards your house. "Hi! I'm...."

6) For added fun, set speed on 3x and watch your house be inundated with nannies.

To rectify:

1) Pause game.

2) Queue up the firing of all nannies. Yes, they all charge you.

3) Eventually all nannies leave.

Message 3 of 14 (10,047 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@dobydog2I have somewhat the same issue. I fired one then two nannies showed up and it kept adding more. Still have that issue

Message 4 of 14 (9,573 Views)

Hero
@CharlieAxolotl That does sound more like the other issue you posted in. OP unfortunately never came back to clarify if they actually hired a Nanny or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 14 (9,497 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Loads of people have this problem. You'd think by now they'd work in an easy way to get rid of them. I physically cannot get rid of them. I had 13 in the house. Even when fired them all more are showing up as they're leaving. Kill cheat just kills my sims instead of them. No way to just easily delete them. Can't cancel service. 

This is ruining my game. I'm failing to see the point in continuing to play or buying new expansions.

Message 6 of 14 (9,053 Views)

★ Novice
Just happened to me. Went out to the celebration center, came back and so many nanny's arrived and they still are. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kI5vJL90gY
Message 7 of 14 (7,558 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This is also ruining my game. Frown

Message 8 of 14 (6,883 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Multiple nannies showing up

★ Guide
Happens to me when I've hired a nanny on the 50x50 lot in Wakaba. Can't figure out what triggers it. Sometimes they're fine and stick to the one nanny, then suddenly they'll start showing up endlessly. In my case cancelling the service and THEN getting rid of them (via dismiss, NOT fire) seems to work. I can make it move along faster with MCCC using the "make sim leave" cheat but only if they've been dismissed first, otherwise they just come back.
Message 9 of 14 (6,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happened to me and I could not get rid of the nannies fast enough. I did the listed by accident; hired a nanny and told them to go for a new job, left the lot then BAM! Never ending nannies. Vanilla game btw, I also had expansion packs: Vampires & Snowy Escape. I fixed this by loading a recover save as far back as I could then I canceled the maid and gardener (and after making sure all the doors were locked and he was off my immediate lawn) I dismissed the nanny, thankfully with no issue. Moving out of the lot does not appear to stop this error btw, maybe eviction? Hopes this helps! Embarrassed  

Message 10 of 14 (5,994 Views)