[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Moto G7 Power
OS Version Android 10
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 547-482-121
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Summarize your bug Game randomly freezes and crashes. Can happen in pretty much any game mode, got many reports from my guild in TW (at least 1-2 per TW). Happened to me in arena sometimes. And now it happened in TB. Happening on TB is ridiculously frustrating, since I do all the calculations considering that everyone will play. Needed 40 ship CM wins in this TB and lost my battle because of this bug. No buttons work. Nor auto, nor chat, nor battle speed... The game simply crashes. First screenshot is just the frozen game Second screenshot is what happens if you tap out and then tap in the game.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region South America
Country Brazil

It's possible to lose entire TWs, stars on TB, KAM runs... Anything, because of this. Please take a look at it and explain what's happening.

Thanks.

Screenshot_20201013-194146.png
Screenshot_20201013-194227.png
Message 1 of 6 (319 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Multiple game freezes

EA Live QV Team

Hi @joaomagc and sorry to hear that.

From checking the logs available to us for the last several days, we can see that during your LS Geo TB on 14th of October, there appeared to be some timeout/disconnect which caused the freeze during your battle. We cannot see any other reason for other freezes from checking the logs. Please follow our troubleshooting guide to try stop this happening in the future. Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (294 Views)

All Replies

EA Live QV Team

Hi @joaomagc and sorry to hear that.

From checking the logs available to us for the last several days, we can see that during your LS Geo TB on 14th of October, there appeared to be some timeout/disconnect which caused the freeze during your battle. We cannot see any other reason for other freezes from checking the logs. Please follow our troubleshooting guide to try stop this happening in the future. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 6 (295 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@EA_UltraSlideso what are you saying is that if we put our phone in airplane mode during a battle, this will lead the game to a crash since internet is put on hold ???

1/ From my understanding of the game there is no communication between the game and the server during battle.

2/ Certainly not else there will be a lot more complaint of freeze crash since, a lot of people use the airplane mode during TW, GAC and arena.

3/ In this case this is a TB battle without timeout.

4/ You sure you didn't read the log backward ??? Freeze lead to a Timeout/disconnect ?? It makes more sense this way.

Please ask a CG developper to try stop this happening in the future.

Message 3 of 6 (290 Views)

★ Guide
@joaomagc Hey, I will advise you to remove the accepted solution from this post.
Message 4 of 6 (288 Views)

★★ Novice

I don't think that was the problem. I got a "Client out of sync" error when I opened the game again. I see this as the freeze caused the client out of sync, not the other way around. 

Message 5 of 6 (284 Views)

★★ Novice

Also, as I said before, this is not the first time it happens to me (didn't reported before because it didn't caused any major issues), but it doesn't always leads to a "client out of sync" error.

Message 6 of 6 (283 Views)