Re: Multiple Issues

by EA_Kipling

Original Post

Multiple Issues

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 8 Plus
OS Version 13.5
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I have no idea!
What do you expect to see? 1. Energy bar does not automatically refill - can only top up energy via shower etc. 2. Green tick does not appear when sim completes an action. 3. Sims have not moved house properly? I bought and moved my sims in to Edgewater Quay - but when I press the home button or press a sim’s energy bar to use the toilet etc. it automatically takes me to 324 Emerald Drive. Some quest actions can only take place at 324 Emerald Drive e.g. Adoption Options. When I start up the game, it shows 324 ED. Sims show in family portraits in both houses. 4. Sims will not move when I press ‘call over’ - to get both my sims to Edgewater Quay, I have to do an action where you invite the other one to join in e.g. woohoo 5. Cannot take part in the sweet treat bake off - can click to start, but then cannot do anything but ‘forfeit’ 6. Hobbies seem to have disappeared - cannot take part in hobby activities
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country United Kingdom
Additional feedback What I have tried: Phone off/on Update iOS Delete and reinstall app (a few times) Tried on iPad and iPhone Tried moving sims to different plot - they won’t move.

1. Energy bar does not automatically refill - can only top up energy via shower etc.

2. Green tick does not appear when sim completes an action.

3. Sims have not moved house properly? I bought and moved my sims in to Edgewater Quay - but when I press the home button or press a sim’s energy bar to use the toilet etc. it automatically goes to 324 Emerald Drive. Some quest actions can only take place at 324 Emerald Drive e.g. Adoption Options. When I start up the game, it shows 324 ED. Sims show in family portraits in both houses.

4. Sims will not move when I press ‘call over’ - to get both my sims to Edgewater Quay, I have to do an action where you invite the other one to join in e.g. woohoo

5. Cannot take part in the sweet treat bake off - can click to start, but then cannot do anything but ‘forfeit’

6. Hobbies seem to have disappeared - cannot take part  in hobby activities 

What I have tried:
Phone off/on
Update iOS
Delete and reinstall app (a few times)
Tried on iPad and iPhone
Tried moving sims to different plot - they won’t move.

Message 1 of 7 (1,041 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having the same issues. I use same platforms and tried same troubleshooting.

Message 2 of 7 (940 Views)

EA Live QV Team

@MrsLynn19 @ToastandMarmite1 It might be that you have a Sim stuck in the middle of a Sweet Treat Challenge, which should explain most of the issues. This is something we're looking into, but if you could PM me your Player IDs, it would help the investigation Standard smile

Message 3 of 7 (882 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I’m having the same issue with the green ticks not appearing at the end of actions. 

Before it was not appearing at all and affecting how quickly sims got through tasks, now the tick shows up but only for risky actions, still doesn’t appear for normal actions.

Message 4 of 7 (510 Views)

Hero
@SDBored The green ticks were removed from normal actions in the last fall’s Halloween update, you can read more here: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/haunted-halloween-update

Hopefully this helps but if there was more to the issue, maybe open a new report about it. 😊

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 5 of 7 (488 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Ilois4 Oh that’s great, must’ve missed it as I’d been off the app for a while.

shame, I quite liked having the ticks, but at least I know now. Sorry, thanks for the info! 

Message 6 of 7 (473 Views)

Hero
@SDBored No problem 😊 It takes a bit time to get used to playing without the green ticks, I still occasionally forget my sim in the shower. 😅

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 7 (448 Views)