Re: Multiple Glitches

by RebelNo

Original Post

Multiple Glitches

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but Jungle Adventure, Vampires, and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Multiple issues are happening: 1. Random modeling clays spawning in my Sim's inventory and they will stop what they're doing to play with it, ignoring all commands. 2. Will stop doing commands right in the middle to go work on their writing skill on a laptop. 3. NPCs randomly swiping things like they have the klepto trait. 4. Active sim suddenly having the "Swipe" option despite not being a Klepto.
What do you expect to see? Random objects not spawning, Sims performing commands without stopping/ignoring commands, NPCs not randomly swiping everything on the lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The latest July patch.

Ever since the most recent patch, all of the above issues have been happening. It started with the modeling clay. I removed ALL save files from my folder and started a brand new game. Still happened. I removed ALL my CC and Mods. Started a new game. Still happened. I repaired the game in Origin as well. Still happening.

Next came the ignoring my commands to play with the modeling clay or practice writing. My sim got married and had kids, no one else had this issue except the original sim...until: one of the kids went to university. Suddenly she's spawning clay now too. I also see random NPCs wandering around playing with the clay.

Now I've got Sims swiping things left and right. I know about the recycling trait and the "sharing is caring" nonsense from Ecolife and I have neither of those things active. My Sim is also not a Kleptomaniac. The option to swipe stuff just randomly comes and goes. I was on a public lot having a group outing and every time I turned around, another object on the lot was missing. It's out of control. I ended up having to lock her door to everyone in her dorm so people can't swipe her stuff.

It's getting super frustrating and there doesn't seem to be a fix as of this moment. Anyone have any suggestions that I haven't already tried?

Message 1 of 2 (440 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Multiple Glitches

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Try using the Mod Conflict Detector and see it that solves the problem.

*snip*

I don't work for EA.

EDIT by EA_Jason: Removed link to third party site. 

Message 2 of 2 (351 Views)