Multiple Game Crashes During Battles

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Galaxy S4
OS Version 5.0.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 825-254-532
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Multiple game crashes (3 times in the past 2 days). Always during battles. Once during a Grand Arena Championship battle and twice during Fleet Arena battles. Seems to happen each time I initiate my first battle upon accessing the game. I'm uncertain if it's related to the recent update, but I assume that's the probable cause.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure. See the circumstances above for when it's occurred.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country USA

I've been having multiple crashes during battles lately (3 times in the past 2 days)...once during Grand Arena Championships where it definitely cost me banners, and twice during my Fleet Arena climb, which caused me to miss the next higher prize tier. Very frustrating. It seems to only happen during the first battle I initiate after accessing the game on my phone. Subsequent battles tend to run fine, but the losses during critical playtime are significant. I don't know for certain, but I suspect it must be related to the last update. Please investigate. Thank you.

Message 1 of 4 (489 Views)

Re: Multiple Game Crashes During Battles

★★★ Novice

This is continuing to happen day-after-day. I can count on at least 4 or 5 game freezes at various points. Quite often, they occur during squad or fleet arena battles, but it's also happened in Grand Arena championships. It seems to happen intermittently outside of combat, as well...really just about anytime the game attempts a connection back to the servers. The connection/loading icon will appear and spin briefly before freezing in place. Sometimes, I can wait a few seconds and it finally continues, but more and more often it just stops and then the whole game crashes and I'm thrown back out to the home screen on my phone. If I go back in and reload the game, any battles that were in-progress are registered as losses (which obviously affects payouts in arena battles). Super frustrating that this hasn't been assessed and patched yet.

I've noticed that every time someone brings up the issue on the main forums, they get directed here. Just a short scroll thru the bug reports reveals that MANY people are experiencing and reporting this problem across a variety of platforms. It all seems to have started after the July 9th update to the new Unity core. Can someone among the CG development/communications staff speak to the issue and let us know you're investigating it? Or, better yet, give us an idea of how much longer we'll have to endure the crashes before it can be patched?

Message 2 of 4 (397 Views)

★★★ Novice

And today, it happened again on the second wave of a Phase 3 battle in our guild's Territory Battle...which means we get credit for only the first wave's completion. C'mon guys, this is SERIOUSLY affecting gameplay across multiple events and activities. We're all losing significant rewards and advancement opportunities for several days running now.

Message 3 of 4 (352 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@NeilSpicer I feel your pain and am trying to help the community do something about this. If you're interested in helping see https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Call-for-action-on-current-crashing-freezing-issue/m-p/9327036...
Message 4 of 4 (262 Views)