Multi queued plant fertilization appear to only fertilize first plant

by DanishLighthouse

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

★★★ Novice

I’ve been having the same problem. I started with just Cats & Dogs. I could que up to fertilize seven plants with the same thing, birds of paradise flowers. It would take seven flowers from my inventory and fertilize all seven plants. 

Then a few months later I installed the Vampires, Get to Work, Dine Out, and Cool Kitchen Stuff packs. The result was now only one flower was removed from my sim’s inventory and all the plants would get fertilized.

And then there was last month when I installed City Life, Get Famous, Seasons, Jungle Adventure, and Spooky Stuff. Now, if I que up seven, only one item gets taken from my inventory and that first plant is the only one that is actually fertilized. The sim carries out the motions of fertilizing the other plants and the game reads that the other plants have been fertilized, even though they haven’t. 

I have tried many different flowers, fruits, and fish without any difference. If I use two different items, the first plant is always fertilized and it’s hit/miss on the second. If I use three, first is good and it’s hit/miss on the other two. I’ve even tried seven different items. The first plant is always fertilized and roulette on the others. Everytime, the ones not actually fertilized, the option to fertilize is no longer available. If I want every plant to get fertilized properly I have fertilize one, wait till the entire action follows through and drops off, and then do the next one. An entire month of testing to figure out why my plants weren’t evolving and half of them just a thread away from perfect. It’s made me want to scream. XD

Oh btw, platform: Xbox

Message 11 of 72 (5,411 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

★★ Guide
Yeah, this bug is still around.

It seems if you don't wait until your Sim is totally finished fertilizing a plant, then any queued up fertilizations will be ineffective.

Only the first plant will gain a boost in evolution progress, only one harvestable will be used up, and the rest of the plants will have their opportunity to be fertilized wasted with no progress to their evolution bars.
Message 12 of 72 (5,388 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Fertilize several plants with the same item doesn't work

★★★★ Novice

I've had the same or a similar issue. If I fertilize several plants, only the first gets fertilized. My sim also acts like it gets reset for a moment, which cancels the sim's other actions. I've also noticed that if I fertilize a plant with, let's say a strawberry, the sim fertilizes the plant, but the strawberry doesn't disappear from the inventory. This issue applies to all produce, including even garlic, dragon fruit, and more.

Do you know if there is a fix to this yet? I would love some help! <3 

Message 13 of 72 (5,327 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If your sim gets reset, you are running into a different, much more nefarious issue, that deletes harvestable ingredients with any quality above Normal. See this issue for details. To work around it, you have to move all affected stacks of ingredients between your sim and a container and back, or vice versa, before fertilizing, saving the game, or leaving your lot.

Message 14 of 72 (5,294 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks! Hope the link helps! <3

Message 15 of 72 (5,277 Views)

Multi queued plant fertilization appear to only fertilize first plant

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Sims 4 Deluxe version with Get to Work and Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Pause game then queue 'fertilize' of multiple plants (above normal quality?) with excellent quality Dragonfruit then un-pause game to execute the queue... (I have not tested with other grades or other fertilizers) (please notice that handling of queue seem to execute more items if added on the fly rather than in pause mode) Also The Sims 4 camera does not record the menu that opens so I can not record the bug using the built in in-game camera..
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sim appear to spread fertilizer on all plants but only the first plant in queue reports as having been fertilized ( fertilize option greyed out) all the other plants in queue appear to have not been fertilized as they keep the option to fertilize after the Sim have spread the fertilizer (in this case Dragonfruit of excellent quality).....
What do you expect to see? That all the plants in queue reports as having been fertilized (Gets to have the fertilize option greyed out)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. (platform PC)(game version 'Update: 12/12/2019 - PC: 1.59.73.1020')

After updating the game (platform PC)(game version 'Update: 12/12/2019 - PC: 1.59.73.1020') then when fertilizing my plants above normal quality (haven't tried normal quality) then when *using pause mode* queuing fertilize of multiple plants then when un-pause then though the Sim appear to spread fertilizer on all plants then only the first plant in queue reports as having been fertilized ( fertilize option greyed out) all the other plants in queue appear to have not been fertilized as they keep the option to fertilize after the Sim have spread the fertilizer (in this case Dragonfruit of excellent quality).....

Message 16 of 72 (5,581 Views)

Re: Multi queued plant fertilization appear to only fertilize first plant

Hero
@DanishLighthouse Sorry but reading your full post, I think you might actually have this older issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Fertilize-several-plants-with-the-same-item-doesn-... ?

I'm a bit tired so it might be different though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 17 of 72 (5,568 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@DanishLighthouseSorry but reading your full post, I think you might actually have this older issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Fertilize-several-plants-with-the-same-item-doesn-... ?

I'm a bit tired so it might be different though.

You are right that it appear to be 'same issue' , only that is an old report and *I didn't have the issue earlier today before updating the game to newest update' .

Also - as far as I could see - I might have missed something - I am a bit tired too -  then it appears as if the person does not  report the use of pause game as I did and also I do not know if quality of involved fertilizer matters.

The other persons report and mine is sort of complementary to each other I think ...

But I will leave it for you to decide how to handle it - I only care about getting the bug fixed since it makes fertilization a pain in the butt if one has to fertilize each plant one at a time..  as the other person states then it appears as if the game must have 'taken' fertilizer to the first plant in order for player to successfully get executed next order of fertilization !

(e.g. if setting queue in un-pause mode (running live) then if I  order plant two before Sim reach plant one but do not order plant three until the Sim is *already* handling plant one then both plant number one and three will actually be fertilized though plant two will show the animation of Sim fertilizing but not actually getting fertilized...

Message 18 of 72 (5,561 Views)

★ Guide
@crinrict It's different. The current bug allows one to fertilize again. And again, and again. Yet the plant shows that it is not fertilized.
Message 19 of 72 (5,515 Views)

★ Guide
@DanishLighthouse Same here. Since the 12/12/2019 patch. Most of my sims have large, sheltered 'perfect' gardens. It took a full sims' day to for two of my sims to fertilize their garden. And yes, a lot of §695 dragon fruits, §667 death flowers, §625 orchids, §333 UFO fruits, etc. were wasted. It's annoying, I hope EA can fix this soon. Btw, thank you for reporting and describing the bug well.
Message 20 of 72 (5,510 Views)