Moving Restock Sign Causes Occupied Space to be Unusable.

by KaiserRath

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Moving Restock Sign Causes Occupied Space to be Unusable.

★★★ Novice

Moving the restock sign to a trash bin may cause the previously occupied space to be unusable. I am aware of other issues involving the restock sign, but I didn't see any topics with this particular problem.

If I move the restock sign into a trash bin, sometimes it may cause the space the sign was on to be unusable, meaning that no other items can be placed in that space. It will say some thing like "can't intersect other objects" even though the space is empty of objects.

I, also, tried this with things like signs that were on a table or shelf. It is bizarre, because if I move the table or shelf to a different space, objects can be placed on the table or shelf without problems. But the space that the table or shelf was occupying previously would not be usable. So, I think that maybe something left over from the restock sign is not being deleted correctly when I move it to a trash bin and the game thinks the sign is still there (maybe?).

Message 1 of 6 (791 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Moving Restock Sign Causes Occupied Space to be Unusable.

Hero

I'm going to leave this off the list until they fix the 531/Restock issue. It's probably connected.

Once they fix it, could you test again and come back if it still occurs. 

The baking good restock signs seem just really bugged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (797 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@KaiserRath Moved to bug reporting

Does it matter what the sign was for ? Say it happens for baking goods but not other items ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (786 Views)

★★★ Novice

It seems to an issue only with baked goods, since I can't move signs for furniture and other objects that can't be moved in live mode. I, also, noticed another oddity last night concerning the signs that had been moved.

Sims (household and NPC) will go over to where the sign used to be (now an empty unusable space), and actually pick up plates of food. They do this when they are hungry, as if the food item that was sold was still there (and free to take). They are able to successfully eat the food and leave empty plates behind.

So, to be clear. It only seems to happen with baked goods, once the sign has been moved into the trash bin the space becomes unusable, Sims will still go over to the empty space and pick up food and eat it.

Message 3 of 6 (781 Views)

Hero

I'm going to leave this off the list until they fix the 531/Restock issue. It's probably connected.

Once they fix it, could you test again and come back if it still occurs. 

The baking good restock signs seem just really bugged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (798 Views)

★★★ Novice

Since the new patch, I haven't had an issue with this anymore. I think it's been fixed. Confusedmileyhappy:

Message 5 of 6 (751 Views)

Hero

Great. Thanks for the feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (744 Views)