Re: Moved animal shed; llama went into home inventory; Can't bring him out.

by GlazeyLady

Original Post

★★★ Guide

Just put the shed in your inventory - the llama doesn't go with it, you have to put it in separately if you're moving house - if you do that, it won't come back out - it says it has to be placed on a specific surface, however, the game will not allow you to put it on or in the shed.

Message 11 of 34 (4,135 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I moved lots and took my animal sheds with me, my cows and a llama are now seemingly permanent stuck in my inventory. I can’t sell them either.
Message 12 of 34 (4,017 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict I just moved the shed a couple of squares over, and the game put the llama in the household inventory.

@MadameNordica Right - I had to click on the shed and assign the llama to it. It didn't appear to do anything at first, but then when I clicked on the shed, I had the option to call the llama out. I did that, and he came out.

@PixiPunch Did you try placing the shed and then click on it and see if you can assign an animal to it? That's how I got mine out of inventory.

@macgyversgirl_22 I found it when I clicked on the shed

(merge post) - Atic 

Message 13 of 34 (4,001 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

worked for me! Sucks bcs my shed was upgraded!

Message 14 of 34 (3,906 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Phoenixvatoreii I was able to get them back into the shed by leaving/re-loading the lot, then when I came back I was able to assign the animal to the shed/call them out again. Hope it helps!
Message 15 of 34 (3,876 Views)

★ Novice

ugh, it's a hassle, there needs to be a patch for it

Message 16 of 34 (3,853 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I moved, and moved my cow into the shed no problem. However, the cow duplicated! Not realizing this, it starved and got filthy in my sim's pocket. Heh. I had to place another shed to assign the animal to, and then I guess I'll sell it and the extra shed, which will make my Sims sad. 

Message 17 of 34 (3,845 Views)

★★ Novice

It works. Thanks

Message 18 of 34 (3,768 Views)

★ Novice
@charleylarkin Thanks, this did the trick. What a stupid and unnecessary detour though. Still should be fixed.
Message 19 of 34 (3,721 Views)

Can't Place Llama from House Inventory to Lot

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Dream Designer and the kits.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put your Llama or Cow in your HOUSEHOLD inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? You can't place your Llama or Cow back onto lot despite having it assigned to an Animal Shed.
What do you expect to see? Place Llama or Cow back onto lot after assigning it to Animal Shed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

My Sims were moving to a bigger lot after winning the lottery. So I packed up what things I wanted (in this case, my Llama and Chickens) and sold everything else. When I was placing my animals, I had no problems placing my chickens but I got this error when placing my llama. There is only ONE llama: mine. So it wasn't already occupied. And it won't let me sell it from my inventory so I could rebuy it. Note: I sold the original Animal Shed and the one in the picture is actually from the gallery (where the entire lot comes from). Really don't want to start a new game if I can help it.

Message 20 of 34 (3,639 Views)