Move lot causes furniture to disappear/be sold/go into household inventory

by MoonlitexAngel

Original Post

[OPEN] Room contents left behind when Room is moved from Manage Worlds

Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From Manage Worlds, select a neighborhood, then select a lot and click on the "Build" button. Once in build mode on the lot, select a room that is furnished and use the Move tool to place the room in another location on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The room's structure is moved but any non-wall objects within it are left behind.
What do you expect to see? I expect the room and all of its contents to be moved.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No images required for this one.

Message 1 of 10 (2,019 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Room contents left behind when Room is moved from Manage Worlds

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MAC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game, Get to Work and Free Stuff. 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In build mode, select a room or entire lot. Use rotation arrows or move arrows to move or rotate selection. 
What happens when the bug occurs? Only the walls floor and ceiling are moved. All objects from the room are left exactly where they were before.
What do you expect to see? I expect all room content to move with the room.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No, never.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? It appeared after the latest patch. I was not having this issue before the patch. 

Message 2 of 10 (1,932 Views)

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From Manage Worlds, select a neighborhood, then select a lot and click on the "Build" button. Once in build mode on the lot, select a room that is furnished and use the Move tool to place the room in another location on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The room's structure is moved but any non-wall objects within it are either left behind or if there is a foundation they are stuck inside the floor.  Also, pictures on the wall in groups have some of the pictures missing.
What do you expect to see? I expect the room and all of its contents to be moved. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? None installed at this time.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? This has never happened to me before the installation of Seasons.  

Message 3 of 10 (1,897 Views)

Move lot causes furniture to disappear/be sold/go into household inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Enter build mode on a lot with a large furnished house that's on foundation (ex: Oakenstead in Willow Creek) and move the lot from its original position to another.
What happens when the bug occurs? Random things (if not basically everything that's touching the floor in some cases) will do one of the following: 1) Completely disappear. (I saw this one when the lot was unowned). 2) Be sold/go into household inventory. (when the lot is actually owned) 3) Go underneath the flooring and onto the grass below. (If moveobjects cheat is active).
What do you expect to see? Everything on the foundation to move along with the house and stay where it was originally placed like it does when there's no foundation.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This seems to be based on the size of the house from the little bit of testing I have done. It may happen in small houses with a lot of stuff, but I tried a few different small houses throughout the game and this didn't happen. When I tried on lots such as Oakenstead or the Villareal home in Windenburg however this did occur.

I tested a small house on a lot that I had previously had this issue (Midtown Meadows I believe is the name - in Newcrest) and it didn't happen there, so it seems to be isolated to large houses with foundation and not individual lots.

Message 4 of 10 (2,005 Views)

Re: Move lot causes furniture to disappear/be sold/go into household inventory

Hero

Hi @MoonlitexAngel

sounds like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Adding-Moving-Deleting-Walls-and-Wall-Patterns-Removes/td... ?

Not 100% sure as this is @BryonyRae field of expertise.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 10 (1,933 Views)

★ Guide

It's possible.

It seems to me that this is caused by the game being confused by what constitutes a "room". While building the house where I discovered this problem, I did run into the game deciding that an item on the counter was going to be deleted if I changed the wallpaper in the room on the other side of the wall. I found a workaround though when I messed with it today (and the workaround is the reason I believe it's the game being confused by what constitutes a room). 

If you save the house to the library, bulldoze the lot, then place the house down again the issue resolves itself. At least from the bit of testing that I've done. I figure by saving it then the game is forced to recognize the rooms as rooms to save it. And instead of being all separate parts coming together to make a house, now after being saved and plopped back down again it's forced to realize the structure as a whole.

Message 6 of 10 (1,913 Views)

Hero
Going to wait on Bryony before taking further action. She's really busy with RL so it may be a moment.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (1,898 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Had this similar issue -- was trying to move my lot one space and all my furniture disappeared.
Message 8 of 10 (1,874 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It actually sounds like this issue that we have already reported.  I'll merge this thread with that one.

Message 9 of 10 (1,848 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have actually experienced this bug only once recently, when I was updating Hogan's Burger Bar from Dine Out for my Seasons play. I moved the structure of the building a few blocks more to the center but any object not connected to a wall did not move along with it. Instead of reporting it though I simply moved those objects to their proper places instead. Easy fix.

Message 10 of 10 (1,818 Views)