Re: Move in request disappeared from inbox after making Sims passive

by sc3dqp9ugkbi

Original Post

Move in request disappeared from inbox after making Sims passive

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello,

My sim has been passive for about 3 weeks then I decided to make him playable again. While hosting a party, I received a move in request for my sim. I have no problem giving my sim to this fellow simmer.

I decided to make my sim passive again temporarily so that I could have a free slot and make some changes with his replacement which is an inactive sim. After about 20 minutes of editing, I made him playable again and ready to move out. When I checked my inbox, the request was gone. It says, I have no new messages. No messages at all. 

Does it have something to do with making my sim passive while having a move in request in my inbox? Is there a way to retrieve that message? Is it possible that the request was cancelled by my fellow simmer?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 9 (784 Views)

Re: Move in request disappeared from inbox

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sc3dqp9ugkbi 

Yes, it could be related. Players have observed changes in the way the game works when we make Sims passive. 

The player who asks for a Sim to move in can't cancel their request, so it probably disappeared when you made your Sim passive.

I'm moving your post to the bug forum. I'll ask if there is something that can be done, but I believe the request can't be sent again.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 9 (753 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I hope there's a solution 🙏 I know that finding the right sim and reaching level 8 in relationships isn't easy for some players so they really put extra time and effort into it 😔

I have another question. If I were to send a move in request and the player agrees, do I need to have an empty slot for me to receive the message that says the sim has moved into my household or will I still be able to receive the notification even if I have the 4 slots active?

Thank you, SalixCat 🙂

Message 3 of 9 (729 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@sc3dqp9ugkbi An alternative solution for the player who couldn't adopt your Sim is for them to make another of their playable Sims establish a new relationship with your Sim. Then they will be able to send a new request for adopting that same Sim. Remember not to make your Sim passive because the request will disappear.

If you send a move in request, and the player agrees, you wil get the notification whenever they agree even if you don't have a free slot.
However, and this is very important, you must have an empty playable Sim slot when accepting that Sim to move in.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 9 (722 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'll keep that in mind. Thank you, SalixCat 😊

Message 5 of 9 (717 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I’m facing the same issue. My friend wants to adopt my 3 sims. I receive the 1st adoption but unable to give my sims as i am hosting that day. so i waited until next day, but when i check my messages it’s gone. the 2nd and 3rd request, i did not receive at all. 

thanks @SalixCat for the work around. I will try not to make them passive while my friend has on going relationship for him to adopt. 

Message 6 of 9 (677 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Another problem is that there's no way for us to determine if that other player's Sim is still active or has become passive. If the Sim you're requesting to move in happens to be passive, chances are that player won't receive any message. I hope this minor issue will be fixed on future updates.

Message 7 of 9 (643 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@sc3dqp9ugkbi Until it is fixed,you can always try finding means to contact other players with whom you want to exchange sims. What I did was befriend the player and talk twice a week with her through each other's party chat and keep each other updated on when a required sim is passive or active and make the necessary decisions.
Message 8 of 9 (624 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi,

I've tried your suggestion, having another playable Sim establish a new relationship with my friend's Sim in order to send a new move in request. I don't understand but it says that I have already asked her Sim before. It doesn't allow me to send a new move in request despite having a level 10 relationship.

Message 9 of 9 (450 Views)