Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Mouse cursor visible when it shouldn't be

by dimetro7

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have had this happen a handful of times.  If I go into my map then back to the game the cursor is gone.  Not something you want to have to do, but its a quick fix for now.

Message 11 of 35 (618 Views)

★ Novice

The easiest solution I have found for this, is that when the mouse cursor appears hit esc then move the mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen where it is no longer visible and esc out. It seems the game will try to attach the mouse cursor to the crosshair when switching from menus that use the mouse. I believe it has to do with a coding timing error where the mouse cursor should despawn before the crosshair spawns but in some cases it does not.

Message 12 of 35 (614 Views)

Hero

@Oswald7 wrote:
Also i got zero problems with mouse in Dragon Age Inquisition (another Frostbite engine game by Bioware), but in Anthem and Andromeda.

Thar's not entirely the same, because the cursor is supposed to be visible all the time in Dragon Age Inquisition.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 35 (606 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's happening to me as well, sometimes. Although I didn't tested that thoroughly, it seems that the problem appear more often when you open and then close the Journal (or similar page) in a quick succession. It can also happen when quick closing a News page upon entering the game. Running borderless window.

Message 14 of 35 (597 Views)

★ Novice
So, I've also had this problem and I figured out what it was by total randomnes. I yesterday got a bluescreen (windows 10) saying there's something wrong with my CPU overclock (Core i5 4690K 22nm). So when I went in my Bios I noticed Asus autocloking feature had clocked my Busclock to 103 and my cores were off. I turned off the autofunction and set the BUS to 100 and the cores to 45, keeping the voltage stock. And to my surprise when I played the game today, the mousecursor bug was gone Standard smile
Message 15 of 35 (554 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I would love to use that .dll fix (it worked for me on Andromeda).

I would like a support representative to respond and say whether we'll be banned or not for putting that in our installation folder before I do though.

Message 16 of 35 (547 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

My wife had this issue as well but I do not!

Posting for her so we can watch this!

Message 17 of 35 (521 Views)

★★ Novice
I got the same issue. Extremely annoying.
Message 18 of 35 (509 Views)

★ Novice

I have this issue all the time as well, hope they can figure it out.

Message 19 of 35 (499 Views)

Hero

Unfortunately, the patch hasn't fixed the issue. Here's hoping it makes the next patch.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 20 of 35 (482 Views)
Twitter Stream