Mouse cursor gets out of game area when using extended display (2 monitors)

by kristynex

Original Post

Mouse cursor gets out of game area when using extended display (2 monitors)

★★★ Newbie

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number Intel Core i7-4771 + GTX 1060 6 GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16 GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? kristynex
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? Yes
If yes, can you list them here? Discord
If you disable this software, does that have any effect? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. trying to run extended display - 2 monitors setup (1 monitor 1440p 165Hz, the secondary monitor 1080p 60Hz) - the issue is that when I play the game on the main monitor, in fullscreen mode, my mouse cursor gets out of the game on the second monitor where I keep my streaming app. Also, due to this issue, if I click on the 2nd monitor, the game which is displayed on the 1st monitor is minimized to windows bar
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Happens in game menu, gameplay.. and everywhere - field not relevant - please rethink the bug reporting fields
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? no match - happened since got in menu
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.11.2020
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Trying to run extended display - 2 monitors setup (1 monitor 1440p 165Hz, the secondary monitor 1080p 60Hz) - the issue is that when I play the game on the main monitor, in fullscreen mode, my mouse cursor gets out of the game on the second monitor where I keep my streaming app. Also, due to this issue, if I click on the 2nd monitor, the game which is displayed on the 1st monitor is minimized to windows bar. Please fix this issue asap because is affecting the streaming comunity! Thanks!
What should be happening instead? The mouse cursor must not get outside the game when the game is played in fullscreen, when the user has 2 monitors set up in extended display (one used for the game and the 2nd monitor used for streaming/other apps)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Prerequisites: Have 2 monitors connected to the same GPU (I have 1 monitor (main) @1440p 165 Hz, and 2nd monitor (secondary) @1080p 60Hz) Steps: 1. Boot the game 2. Set it to fullscreen 3. Move the cursor to the edge of the screen and observe how it goes out of the game, to the secondary monitor 4. Try to click on something on the 2nd monitor and observe how the game gets minimized 5. Imagine when a player clicks outside the game by mistake during a ranked match, and the game gets minimized to windows bar! This issue can cause a lot of anger and frustration.

Prerequisites:
Have 2 monitors connected to the same GPU (I have 1 monitor (main) @1440p 165 Hz, and 2nd monitor (secondary) @1080p 60Hz)

Steps:
1. Boot the game
2. Set it to fullscreen
3. Move the cursor to the edge of the screen and observe how it goes out of the game, to the secondary monitor
4. Try to click on something on the 2nd monitor and observe how the game gets minimized
5. Imagine when a player clicks outside the game by mistake during a ranked match, and the game gets minimized to windows bar! This issue can cause a lot of anger and frustration.

Message 1 of 1 (199 Views)