AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 3080 10GB
Enter RAM memory size in GB 32GB
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Multiplayer
Which part of the mode? Breakthrough
Please select your region Europe
On which server did this happen? all of them
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06.10.2022 ALL Day
Summarize your bug Load into a server, try to move my mouse, mouse input is laggy and feels floaty.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Who knows, plug a mouse in and see if it happens. Logitech G305 is the mouse I use.
What happens when the bug occurs? The mouse input doesnt act as it should, move mouse left, after 500ms the mouse will actually float left.
What should be happening instead? The mouse should be moving my reticle / view at the speed im moving my hand and not floating.

Here is a video of my hand & and the ingame input floating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viIfxVYdaMg

Message 1 of 21 (8,661 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mouse Lag / Input Delay

★★ Apprentice

So funnily enough, I was getting another issue this morning when trying to launch the game where it would just stick on a small black box screen.

Fix: Delete settings folder in ~/Documents/BF2042/

I was then able to join a game after re-doing all my settings, and I didnt experience the floaty mouse issue as shown in the video.

Will keep playing to confirm it fixed the issue. (for now)

View in thread

Message 7 of 21 (8,555 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager
@h3x1e Can you try turning down the mouse's dpi setting and checking if this continues?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 21 (8,640 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Mouse DPI is at 400, it's lowest it'll go.

This issue was intermittent previously, it now seems to be constant. Gonna try polling rate to 500 or something now that you mentioned DPI.

Message 3 of 21 (8,626 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Using 500 Polling rate seems better, but there still feels like some floaty ness, it isnt anywhere near as bad as the video though.

Message 4 of 21 (8,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Try enabling Raw Input (in game) and disable mouse acceleration in Windows. Always use the highest available polling rate.

Message 5 of 21 (8,592 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is standard gamer stuff, Mouse Accell is OFF, and Raw Input in game HAS to be enabled or the mouse doesnt work at all.

Message 6 of 21 (8,571 Views)

★★ Apprentice

So funnily enough, I was getting another issue this morning when trying to launch the game where it would just stick on a small black box screen.

Fix: Delete settings folder in ~/Documents/BF2042/

I was then able to join a game after re-doing all my settings, and I didnt experience the floaty mouse issue as shown in the video.

Will keep playing to confirm it fixed the issue. (for now)

Message 7 of 21 (8,556 Views)

Community Manager
@h3x1e Glad to hear you found a solution for this!

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 8 of 21 (8,532 Views)

★ Novice
@EA_Illium I'm having the same issue. Deleting settings folder didn't solve the issue for me. Anything else you could suggest?
Message 9 of 21 (8,451 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

On the surface, the problem seems to be related with Mouse Input. This is not the case at all. The issue is entirely caused by the latest version of Nvidia driver.

Geforce Game Ready Driver 522.25

I experienced this issue yesterday evening, after downloading the new driver. I performed clean installation and removed every profile. My friends had exactly the same problem on the Turnig and Ampere GPUs.

@LazyPlayer07  @h3x1e 

Rolling back the older version of the Nvidia driver solves the issue entirely.

@EA_Illium 

This issue should be further verified and Nvidia employees should be informed that their driver has broken your product.

Message 10 of 21 (8,384 Views)

ea-play-promo-splash

What's EA Play?

New name, new look, same great benefits: EA Access and Origin Access are now EA Play.

Get more info on the change here.

ea-help-promo-3

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View more on EA Help