Re: More hitreg bamboozlery

by Throhjen

Original Post

Community Manager

@Throhjen 

Were you able to catch the latest update from Respawn regarding critical things they are prioritizing and future plans for updates? We know the hit registration issues are frustrating to experience. I've come across them as well and it can be disappointing in late game scenarios, rest assured it's being worked on.

Hit Registration Issues

• We are adding engine features to help track down and report instances of incorrect hit registration in playtests so we can force the bug and reproduce the issue consistently. While we have made some progress with some fixes locally, more work needs to be done to address the root of the problem.

Read more about what the future holds for Apex Legends ahead HERE.

Blueberry.png
Message 11 of 13 (281 Views)

★★ Guide

Highly doubt most of whatever's posted there, damage control at its finest, and not even done right. Pathfinder's hitbox was an issue since day 1 of the BP patch and nothing was done to fix it, reversing it to whatever it was previously, would have been at least something, admitting a job poorly done and take an L.

You expect people to keep playing the game in the current  broken state? Let's be real, by the time season 2 comes (i can safely say that is the so called date of a patch with 3 -4 hotfixes that nobody even cares about and maybe a bugged/broken legend and new bugs) something else will most likely pop out, steering even the remaining players towards it, maybe they will do the job right since they will, in their right minds, take notes of 2-3 years worth of BR genre information.

When the game launched it really felt like something new, something built to last, unfortunately it's not the case, it's something that a few guys there put together in their spare time with the tools they were given (source engine from TF), it's something good, but held back by corporate greed, pre-set timelines and poor management decision making.

Message 12 of 13 (248 Views)

★★ Guide

Apparently everything i said here is true, you're working on a mobile game, i assume to cut the losses for Anthem's and BF V's failures, everything on a minimal cost. 

Basically you baited everyone into what seemed to be a new and enjoyable experience with the promise that it will get better, slapped some hard MTX on it, cashed in, and "forgot" about it. It seems only a way to promote your main thing, the mobile project, which everyone knows will bring in massive sales in China, most of all, which surprise surprise "can't" be locked in as a region for the PC platform because someone there asked someone else to tell people that.

Oh well, i could bet that the current numbers are still high, higher than everyone at EA anticipated from such a release, making everyone believe that everything is okay and that's just the nature of the game. It could have been so much more if, what i said before wasn't true...corporate greed and wrong decision making.

Message 13 of 13 (178 Views)