Mods/stats not properly locked at start of GA despite displaying as locked

★★★ Newbie

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? android
OS Version pie
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 444-864-889
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug GA mods are not locked, even though they display as locked, and actual gameplay stats are different than displayed/"locked" stats
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start GA, change mods, observe difference
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Mods equipped at start of GA are supposed to be locked for the duration of GA. This isn't happening: although the character selection screen shows the stats/mods that existed at start of GA, when you actually battle the stats are not the same as shown.

In this video you can see that GA says my Poe is 274 speed, which is what he was modded as when GA started. It also shows opposing FOO as 235 speed. My Poe should go first. But as you can see in the battle, my Poe does not go first. Poe's actual speed seems to be what he is currently modded as, which is about 185 speed. There's a good chance I will lose today's GA matchup because of this bug.

https://streamable.com/2sokr

Message 1 of 8 (1,014 Views)

Re: Mods/stats not properly locked at start of GA despite displaying as locked

★★ Apprentice

Bumping for visibility.  I had the same issue.  My Poe should have locked at 254 speed, way faster than any Ewok on the opposing team (even with Paploo's increase from his unique).  However, several days after lock I did a raid and pulled all of Poe's mods, then went into battle in GA against this Ewok team.  They all went before my Poe.  It is obvious the game used the up-to-date Poe from that day rather than the supposed locked Poe from several days prior.

Message 2 of 8 (949 Views)

★ Novice
This affected me today. I unlocked DR and he had some ok mods and jkr was running my best speed set. After GA locked I swapped the arena mods onto DR leaving jkr unmodded. In GA it still shows jkr correctly having the speed set. However he goes last in battle meaning he is playing as if he has no mods. This is a serious issue.
Message 3 of 8 (863 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same thing just happened to me. After placing defenses on the second round of GA I moved some mods from my JKR team to my DRevan team. During the attack phase I then sent my JKR team versus a slower team and my team went last and acted as if they had no mods. This should not have happened if the mods locked correctly at the beginning of GA.

Message 4 of 8 (842 Views)

★ Guide

Mod lock is still broken in GA as well as TW.  Mods are supposed to stay locked for the duration of the event.  However, if the mods are removed after the lock and the character is used lated in GA and TW, the current mod state is used instead of the locked state.

In my case, my Thrawn was modded for 287.  Later, after the defense was already set, I removed some mods from Thrawn which dropped him to 219.  When I entered the fight, my thrawn went after a 231 Sion instead of going first.

Multiple people in my guild have reported similar issues.  Please fix this.

Message 5 of 8 (799 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Yep same happened to me in both of my accounts, I created a bug and posted a video here https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mod-lock-for-GA-not-working/td-p/7772268

Message 6 of 8 (774 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Character selection screen shows up to date information.  Made me think Grand Arena hadn't been locked upon starting.  Showed my Mission Vao at Tier 11 with full mods in the character selection screen so I put in the whole team.  It showed up on the board as a gear 8 no mods.  Would be a nice little change if the character selection screen showed the characters as to where they were when TW was locked and so was consistent.  Makes it very confusing right now, and I would assume a bug since it is consistent in Territory War.

Message 7 of 8 (730 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I lost a JKR mirror match and most likely the GA round because of this. I even checked the mods in pre battle screen. Thus needs to be fixed

Message 8 of 8 (714 Views)