Re: Mods collecting quest got even more bugged with latest update.

by vivan4tt

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods collecting quest got even more bugged with latest update.

★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Pocophone F1, Bluestack Android emulator, Galaxy A5 2016
OS Version 7.0, 7.1, 8.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 913-223-618
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug BIG BUG with the mods quest having for consequences to kill the app and reinstall it.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? If you got an account affected by the bug on those mods quests and have updated the app I guess you should also be affected. Unless it was the massive selling of mods from my part before the update which triggered the bug.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Europe
Country France

Big and annoying bug since last update.
The already bigged quest (consisting of collecting mods, 15 of one type, then 15 of an another type and so on) now makes the whole game bug.

I was working toward the """""fix"""""" I read on the forum, and was trying to collect as much health mods as possible without selling any in order to trigger the quest.

After the update, now I simply can't access the quest to see its advancment, if I try I have an eternal loading (tried to let the loading run for 30+ minutes) which I CANNOT stop, only way is to kill the app and restart.

But here comes the worst part : once I've done this I simply can't acces the "quest menu" anymore, if I try I automatically have the eternal loading (I can still do all the other things in the game).

And the only way to access the quest menu again is to uninstall and re-install the app (clearing the cache doesnt help at all).

I've tried it one my pocophone F1 (android 8.1) then because I really want to solve those quests I tried on my galaxy A5 2016 (7.0) and bluestack andoid emulator on PC (7.1), exact same bug on every plateforms.

Before the update I've sold tons of non-health mods to make space for future heath mods I was collectring for many days already (I got full on mods, didn't knew the game had a maxiumum mods number before).

Beeing on wifi or mobile data changes nothing.

SWGOHBUGSS.png
Message 1 of 4 (249 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Hi and thanks for the report. From what you mentioned it looks like you are experiencing 2 different issues that we are aware of and working on a fix for them.

Fortunately, both of them have a temporary workaround:

1. Endless screen when accessing Mod Quests:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189096/known-issues-12-04-2018#latest

Temporary workaround:

1. Reinstalling the game will force it to load into daily activities first instead of the last viewed quest
  2. After that, you should not tap on the mods quests. Instead, go to Characters
  3. Tap on Darth Vader
  4. Go to find more shards
  5. Go to Available as Achievement Rewards
  6. Finally, this will allow the player back into the quests area in Achievements.

2. Mod Collection Quests not progressing

If you are at the Health mod collection part of the quest, don't sell any of your Health mods until you see the progress going up. Once you are finished with that part and move on to the next, same story: if you are at Offence mod collection, don't sell any of the Offence mods you have until you are finished with that part of the quest.

Hope this helps and works for you as well and apologies for the inconvenience meanwhile.

Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (242 Views)

All Replies

Hi and thanks for the report. From what you mentioned it looks like you are experiencing 2 different issues that we are aware of and working on a fix for them.

Fortunately, both of them have a temporary workaround:

1. Endless screen when accessing Mod Quests:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189096/known-issues-12-04-2018#latest

Temporary workaround:

1. Reinstalling the game will force it to load into daily activities first instead of the last viewed quest
  2. After that, you should not tap on the mods quests. Instead, go to Characters
  3. Tap on Darth Vader
  4. Go to find more shards
  5. Go to Available as Achievement Rewards
  6. Finally, this will allow the player back into the quests area in Achievements.

2. Mod Collection Quests not progressing

If you are at the Health mod collection part of the quest, don't sell any of your Health mods until you see the progress going up. Once you are finished with that part and move on to the next, same story: if you are at Offence mod collection, don't sell any of the Offence mods you have until you are finished with that part of the quest.

Hope this helps and works for you as well and apologies for the inconvenience meanwhile.

Thank you.

Message 2 of 4 (243 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Thanks for the answer. The Vador trick allows me to access the quest menu again without reinstalling, it will save me a re-download if I happen to click on the mods quest again .

However I still get eternal loading screen if I try to access to mods quest and I can't see if I still need to collect health mods nor can I validate the quest if I don't need to (thus allowing me to move to the next type mods collection quest). 

Is there ANY way to access the mods collection quest again ? I've collecting tons of heath mods the past few days and I want to know if I still need to collect them and if possible to switch to the next mods collection quest and get rid of this quest. 

If there is no way to access the mods quest again, please let me know. 

Message 3 of 4 (230 Views)

The endless screen issue will be fixed. Once it will be fixed you'll be able to access Mod Quests again. Apologies for the inconvenience meanwhile.
Message 4 of 4 (196 Views)