by enltguy

Original Post

Mods and Power

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Moto G5 Plus
OS Version 8.1
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Other
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug Upgrading mods causes loss in character power
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves?
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region Asia
Country

This has happened several times.  Sometimes maybe it's just the algorithm giving an unexpected outcome, but in multiple situations I have added a mod where there previously was none, or put a 5-dot mod where there was a 2, and the character power drops hundreds.  How is that possible??  I'm thinking there HAS to be a bug, no way the power drops by doing nothing but increasing stats (again, putting a mod on someone that previously had NO mod DECREASED their power). 

Message 1 of 5 (329 Views)

Re: Mods and Power

Can you provide a specific example?

Just spent a load of credits trying this on my own account, and couldn't cause a decrease in power on a toon with no mods.

However, I managed to replicate the GP drop replacing a 4-dot mod with a 5-dot mod. But this only occurred when the 5-dot mod was a lower level than the 4-dot mod it was replacing.

I'm sure the guys will check up on this after the weekend, so the more specific details you can provide in the meantime the easier it will be for them to investigate.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 5 (324 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I wish I could, I wasn't paying close enough attention though.  For one of those times, I was with Ventress, i think.  I'm still starring her up, haven't used her at all yet, so I finally got to adding mods for her.  When I put the sixth mod on, I saw her power drop by 1.  Really weird.  In another case, I upgraded mods from a 2-dot to a 5-dot (not 4 to 5 where differing stats could make the difference) with all stats increasing from the 2-dot, as well, and power dropped almost 200.  Can't remember which toon that was with. I will pay closer attention to the specifics if it happens again.

Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

★ Guide

Is it possible, that you moved an already equipped mod from one char to the other char in the modding screen? As the other char is then losing his mod you will have a red counting for loosing GP, if you are just replacing on mod.

Message 4 of 5 (294 Views)

Ooh, good idea, Xhedao! Especially if the mod is moving from a pilot (where it boost the character GP & the ship GP) to a non-pilot - then there would be a net loss due to the ship GP decreasing!