[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? wBoop
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Doesn't matter.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Doesn't matter it happens everywhere.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happens all the time.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? he bug is. When I set Model Details in Video Settings to Low/Medium, it instantly sets it back to High. Simply by setting it on Low/Medium and leaving the menu, and then re-opening the menu the setting is back on "High". I hoped the Season 1 patch would fix it. My 6 friends I play with all have the same issue. It's not gamebreaking, but for some of my friends with low-end systems it is abit annoying that they cannot put the setting on Low/Medium.
What should be happening instead? It should let me chose Low/Medium
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Display settings, set Model Details to Low/Medium. Press Apply, leave the menu, go back.

AMD or Nvidia Model Number RTX 2080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? wBoop
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Doesn't matter.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Doesn't matter it happens everywhere.
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? It happens all the time.
What happens when the bug occurs? he bug is. When I set Model Details in Video Settings to Low/Medium, it instantly sets it back to High. Simply by setting it on Low/Medium and leaving the menu, and then re-opening the menu the setting is back on "High". I hoped the Season 1 patch would fix it. My 6 friends I play with all have the same issue. It's not gamebreaking, but for some of my friends with low-end systems it is abit annoying that they cannot put the setting on Low/Medium.
What should be happening instead? It should let me chose Low/Medium
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to Display settings, set Model Details to Low/Medium. Press Apply, leave the menu, go back.

Message 1 of 11 (485 Views)

Re: Model Detail forced on High

★ Novice

It's not letting me edit and remove to double post inside the post.....

Message 2 of 11 (473 Views)

Model Details Bug

★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia 1050
Enter RAM memory size in GB 12
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? DissAeon
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It wasn't in the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. In lobby
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? in lobby
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) It started last month
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to change the ''Model Details'' from high to low,press apply. But when i leave and come back to that menu,it wont apply. It keeps being in High. It causes my fps to drop.
What should be happening instead? Game should lower the details if i change it.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I play the game in the lower specs, but ''Model Details'' keeps being in ''High'' I try lower it to Low but it wont work.

Hi guys. The problem is simple. I have all my specs low, but ''Model Details'' wont apply, it just keeps being in High, even when i press Apply. It causes my FPS to drop and chops the gameplay. I tried unninstalling and re installing but the bugs is still there... HELP

Message 3 of 11 (473 Views)

Re: Model Details Bug

★★★ Newbie

Current workaround is to go to:

C:\Users\[your username here]\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local\videoconfig.txt

Find the line that reads:

"setting.r_lod_switch_scale"

And change the numbers in that line

0.6 = Low

0.8 = Med

1.0 = High

You can also set it to be a bit lower that Low if you want/need to crank up that FPS

Message 4 of 11 (462 Views)

Settings Reset

★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number Nvidia gtx 560
Enter RAM memory size in GB 1G
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Akira_Hideki
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. option menu
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. trying tio change options
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? dont know just i guess i had this since last week
How severe is your issue? Little to no impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? i click on opption video and then i try to set model detail to low and it always go back to medium
What should be happening instead? the option should change and stay changed
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? just try to set the model detail to low and goes back to medium

just go option menu video and i try to change model detail to low and always go back to medium

Message 5 of 11 (463 Views)

"Model Detail" video option not being saved into config/applied

★★★ Novice

AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 1070
Enter RAM memory size in GB 24
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? KeinZantezuken
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It does not matter, applicable in any case when models are rendered
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. It does not matter, applicable in any case when models are rendered
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Not relevant to the issue
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? Video config option is not being saved/adjusted and applied.
What should be happening instead? It should be working as intended - saving the state.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Go to Video Options 2. Set "Model Detail" to the opposite of what it is (will be High) 3. Hit Apply. 4. Return to Lobby 5. Go back again to Video Options and check the "Model Detail" option state

1. The setting is not being changed nor it being saved into videoconfig.txt. It was like that since launch.
Message 6 of 11 (490 Views)

Model Detail automatically turning on High

★★ Apprentice

Hi!

I can't set my model detail on low, coz when I do it and press aply, then exit and go to options again, it is again set on high...

help?

Message 7 of 11 (482 Views)

Re: Model Detail automatically turning on High

★★★ Guide

Same problem.

Message 8 of 11 (475 Views)

Model details bug

★★★★★ Newbie

AMD or Nvidia Model Number 10DE 2182 3FC31458
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? BaRrY_fTw21
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. It happens in the lobby menu.
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. It happens in the lobby menu.
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? since i started playing this game from the start of March 2019
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 03.04.19 01:00 , IST.
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The model details cannot be changed. Its locked on High model, even after changing it to low or medium and pressing apply , after closing the settings menu and opening it again it goes back to being High.
What should be happening instead? It should stay on the detail setting which i choose it to be.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? In the video settings options

This bug is there since i installed the game, even tried reinstalling.But the model details option in video settings is fixed to the high option.

Message 9 of 11 (431 Views)

Re: Model Details Bug

Community Manager

@cojosao wrote:

Current workaround is to go to:

C:\Users\[your username here]\Saved Games\Respawn\Apex\local\videoconfig.txt

Find the line that reads:

"setting.r_lod_switch_scale"

And change the numbers in that line

0.6 = Low

0.8 = Med

1.0 = High

You can also set it to be a bit lower that Low if you want/need to crank up that FPS

@Mr_Nesamani  Does this workaround help you out at all?

Have you tried:

• Right-clicking on the game and selecting "Repair."
  • Reinstall the game
Blueberry.png
Message 10 of 11 (407 Views)