Re: Mod collection quest pt. 2 of 8 not crediting mods

by EA_HighCommand

Original Post

★★ Apprentice

@nonsense8u3y2

Have you been keeping all your mods this whole time? Never sold any? Describe your case because EA just confirmed that my situation was a bug. There may be more bugs that's plaguing this quest series.

Message 41 of 47 (498 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Me too....

ally code 163-957-746

defence mod quest will not progress...just spent 300 crystals trying to progress...simmed mod challenges.

could you fix and refund the crystals EA? 

Message 42 of 47 (432 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Still the same issue for weeks and no response. 

@EA_HighCommand . . .

HELLO?

Message 43 of 47 (400 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Hartreq,

Once we've flagged an issue as a bug, our work is done. It is up to the studio guys to decide as to how and when it will be fixed. Sorry that we can't be more helpful here.

As a temporary possible workaround, for now, a lot of people managed to get it to work, when they kept collecting the required mods without selling any.

Message 44 of 47 (389 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Yeah, that didn't work for me. I'd figure after two months they would have figured it out. Sad!
Message 45 of 47 (381 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@EA_HighCommand It should be easy to fix this bug. It can happen in all mod challenges and I think I know what is going wrong here. Steps to reproduce:

1. Play to a point where the game gives you a mod quest.

2. Win the Tier I mod challenge, but do not attempt Tier III yet. Start collecting the required 15 mods instead.

3. Collect more than 15 mods. Let's say 20 just to illustrate the math.

4. The counter goes up to 15/15 and step 3 of the challenge is finished.

5. Now sell the 20 mods. Note that the counter has gone back down to 0/15 and the checkmark is gone (which shouldn't happen in my opinion). But the counter is actually at -5/15 now.

6. Collect another 5 mods of the required type. Note that the counter still shows 0/15 since it was actually -5 rather than zero.

7. Collect more mods. Now the counter is finally going up again.

In this example, the player had to collect 40 mods instead of 15. First 20, then another 15 + 5 to make up for the negative counter. And if the player still doesn't manage to beat Tier III and again sells the mods, this starts all over again. The counter goes back down to zero. or below zero if more than 15 mods are sold. And since we tend to sell mods when we're strapped for cash, which happens a lot, this bug is bound to affect a lot of people. The obvious fix is to stop subtracting from the counter once it hits 15, regardless if the other 2 steps of the challenge are completed or not. Maybe you could forward this to the studio guys? Thanks Standard smile

Message 46 of 47 (301 Views)

EA Live QV Team

Hi @Darth_DeVito and thank you for the additional input and repro steps, much appreciated!

We will ensure that this is being forwarded to the studio for additional insight.

Message 47 of 47 (293 Views)