Re: Mod Collection Glitch (Workaround here!) Players affected and EA should read

by Plumsters333

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mod Collection Glitch (Workaround here!) Players affected and EA should read...

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad 3
OS Version 9.3.5
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 814-177-546
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Mod Collection Quest Glitch: (Thanks to a solution I found to workaround this bug, I want to share it with the player base so they can finally scratch that itch to complete the annoying quest series. I ALSO want EA to continue reading so this glitch won't bother the rest of the player base! EA, you would be missing out on crucial information if you skip this reading.) The mod collection quest DOES NOT keep track of how many mods of a certain kind you obtained thru Mod Challenges/Battles (Sim/ Un-Sim). The mod collection quest ONLY keeps track of how many mods you have when you started the quest, and adds 15 to it. If you SELL all of your junk mods, this glitch will AFFECT you. For example, let's say you have 20 health mods at the start of the quest. You need to have 35 in your inventory to complete it. Let's say you unfortunately SOLD ALL of your health mods, you would need to get ALL 35 mods to complete the quest. The counter on the quest keeps track of how many mods you have to your goal of 35 mods. If you have less or equal to 20 health mods, you will have 0/15. Once you have your 21st mod, you will have 1/15. So on and so forth! EA help, tell the devs to check their algorithm to see if someone used amount of a certain mod in an inventory as a way to keep track of mod collection. If that's the algorithm, it's a bad algorithm as now players who sell mods will be stuck in this quest.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have 15 health mods at the start of this quest. (I think this quest unlocks at level 55 but I'm not sure.) 2. Reach the required player level to unlock this quest. (This is crucial as you cannot impose the quest to check if it works. Level up the player like how actual players would do in this game to unlock this quest series.) 3. SELL ALL mods! 4. Now, get each mod individually. The first 15 won't count. The 15 afterwards will start counting given you don't sell any more mods. You will notice that it keeps track of how many mods to 30 you need.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country US

‌This bug has been plaguing players of all kind. Please support this thread if you have this issue by stating that this bug pertains to you. Please also leave a reply if this bug doesn't work for you. Maybe you had 100 health mods to start, and it will be a long road to get to 115.

Thank you, EA, for confirming. 

For players affected, my advice is, stop SELLING your mods.

I also recognize from reading other threads that this may not be the only bug related to this quest series. Some players have already tried not selling and have over 100 mods, an amount they never had before, and still could not get the counter to count. Further investigation might be needed. 

Message 1 of 15 (1,330 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mod Collection Glitch (Workaround here!) Players affected and EA should read

Community Manager (retired)

Hey all, thanks for the additional information. Since we've submitted this bug, the dev team found the cause of it and @Plumsters333 is correct in his explanation of this bug.

When the Mod Quest starts, it takes into account how many of a certain mod type needed for the quest you have in the Inventory then tracks progress for newly acquired mods. If you happen to sell any of the mods needed for the Mod Quest, it will stop counting progress until the same amount of mods are acquired. Then it will go on counting progress.

So as a temporary workaround, don't sell any of the mods needed for the active Mod Quest until completed.

Thank you.

View in thread

Message 4 of 15 (860 Views)

All Replies

★★ Apprentice

I get a feeling either no one has this issue anymore or I'm making too much of a big deal of an unimportant issue.

Message 2 of 15 (897 Views)

Hi, @Plumsters333 ! If this is accurate, it would be a great catch!

@CG_MindTricks and @EA_HighCommand don’t work on the weekends, so hopefully they can take a look tomorrow.

Community Manager (retired)

Hey all, thanks for the additional information. Since we've submitted this bug, the dev team found the cause of it and @Plumsters333 is correct in his explanation of this bug.

When the Mod Quest starts, it takes into account how many of a certain mod type needed for the quest you have in the Inventory then tracks progress for newly acquired mods. If you happen to sell any of the mods needed for the Mod Quest, it will stop counting progress until the same amount of mods are acquired. Then it will go on counting progress.

So as a temporary workaround, don't sell any of the mods needed for the active Mod Quest until completed.

Thank you.

Message 4 of 15 (861 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Looking at other threads similar to this topic, I find that this may not be the only bug affecting this quest series. @CG_MindTricks I will do my research to figure out what other possible issues could come up.
Message 5 of 15 (845 Views)

★★ Novice

Well for me the workaround definitely does not work. I only could have sold about 10 defense mods in the entire game, and now I farmed about 200 of those and my counter is still stuck at zero. Is there actually someone who fixed the problem with this workaround?

Message 6 of 15 (822 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Me, but that doesn't matter to you. The bug you have may be different. We'll keep on looking.

Message 7 of 15 (820 Views)

★★ Novice

Actually it started counting now, so fix apparenty works. But I am not sure about the numbers. I definitely needed to farm more defense mods for counter to start counting than I could ever have sold. But it still great that there is this kind of workaround. But people who sold more than 500 mods would not be able to use it. 

Message 8 of 15 (807 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Congratz! Another guy saved.

Message 9 of 15 (739 Views)

★★★ Novice

mine is still not workin but ill try this

Message 10 of 15 (705 Views)