Mission selection and bonus reset each time I exit the game

by TiberiumNiju

Original Post

Mission selection and bonus reset each time I exit the game

★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug In Red Alert, when I exit, the game seems to reset. When I launch back the game, the installation video starts again, and any mission I've accomplished is deleted from the "mission selection", I have to start over to mission 1 each time.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game finish mission 1 and 2 Exit the game Launch the game Go to select mission See if Mission 2 is available
What happens when the bug occurs? Mission 2 is not available, all bonus linked to that are deleted and must be gain again.
What do you expect to see? I'd like the game to remember any mission and bonus I've acquired. Thanks!

Thanks guys, beside this, the game is awesome!

Message 1 of 3 (488 Views)

Re: Mission selection and bonus reset each time I exit the game

★ Novice

I've tried to load a savegame from mission 2, and ended it, and I got the bonus for ending mission 2 without getting bonuses for mission 1, this is not supposed to be possible I believe :D

Message 2 of 3 (483 Views)

Re: Mission selection and bonus reset each time I exit the game

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem, the counter mesure I found was to save the game for keeping steam achievement tracking.

But it's really painfull.

It only happen on red Alert. C&C tiberium is fine.

There is a progress on this bug ?

I have Win7. I tried to explore Appdata, didn't see any folder for redalert.

An another Info: each time I launch Red alert I havec the video for setup configuration. Plus the game make 3 minute to launch.

I guess it try to find the config rule and data but end by finding nothing and launch like there is a first start.

Message 3 of 3 (424 Views)