Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1070TI
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? Yes
What Javelin were you using when the issue occurred? Storm
What type of Expedition were you on when the issue occurred? Mission
What was your Expedition team makeup? Random Freelancers
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Finding Old Friends, Post-Princess Zhim Cutscene
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 16.02.2019 Roughly 9PM MST
Summarize your bug On the mission "Finding Old Friends", after the cutscene, the game appears freaked out for me. It put me into a downed state waiting to be resurrected directly after the cutscene with a background of the map that looked unfinished or unloaded and was very super zoomed out. That was for a couple minutes. Then, it put me into a screen that had all the members of my expedition saying "Not Ready" for another 3 minutes or so, with the same background. Then, it loaded in but it put me below level geometry and kicked me out as the level finished loading. But, it put me into another game of random people who had already completed the mission and I feel like I missed something pretty important. Have not had the chance or really want to replay the mission.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? See bug summary
What happens when the bug occurs? See bug summary
What should be happening instead? Probably not what happened, should be playable immediately after cutscene

All this occurred once, as I played the mission once. I do not know how to replicate it or what I did to trigger it, as I was just playing the game normally.

Message 1 of 3 (97 Views)

Re: Mission "Finding Old Friends" caused weird loading screen and oth

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

This same issue was experienced by my wife and I on Xbox One, both in a Public and Private mode for this mission. Hers encountered the 95% loading freeze error, while mine did the load failure that you experienced. 4 pm EST roughly. We closed the game entirely and were able to have it load correctly on the rejoin in both instances for me. She wasn't able to reconnect for the first Mission attempt, but was successful in the Private group second attempt.

To clarify: played this Mission twice, both times with my wife in my group. Once with random players, which we chose not to rejoin after I was able to successfully reconnect correctly after closing the game completely. Hers was not able to load and we missed some of the action, so we decided to try it with just us in a private group. In the private group, she once again encountered the 95% loading freeze error and mine displayed some below-map region and had my Javalin needing repair. Closing the game and rejoining again fixed the problem for us. 

Message 2 of 3 (92 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Mission "Finding Old Friends" caused weird loading screen and oth

★★★ Newbie

I am currently stuck with this mission. Tried it 3 or 4 times now and every time i get stuck at the 95% screen. Unable to move on in the story

Message 3 of 3 (52 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help