Mission GDI 12B Saving Dr Mobius, transport-path/instant mission complete bug.

by YaBoiHaywire

Original Post

Mission GDI 12B Saving Dr Mobius, transport-path/instant mission complete bug.

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Command & Conquer Remastered
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug On the GDI 12B variant of Saving Dr Mobius, putting Mobius on the transport that lands at the very beginning of the level completes the mission instantly without needing to destroy any SAM sites.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? play the level in question, move mobius to the chinook.
What happens when the bug occurs? Transport flies off the left side of the screen inside the base achieving a mission complete only coming into range of 1 SAM site right outside the GDI base.
What do you expect to see? Presumably the transport is meant to cross the map to the right and be destroyed if the player hasn't taken out the Nod SAM sites.

On the GDI 12B variant of the mission Saving Dr Mobius, putting Mobius on the transport that lands at the very beginning of the level completes the mission instantly without needing to destroy any SAM sites. The transport flies off the left side of the screen inside the base achieving a mission complete only coming into range of 1 SAM site right outside the GDI base. Presumably the transport is meant to cross the map to the right and be destroyed if the player hasn't taken out the Nod SAM sites.

Message 1 of 6 (3,681 Views)

Re: Mission GDI 12B Saving Dr Mobius, transport-path/instant mission complete bu

★★ Novice

I have opposite problem in this mission... First helicopter is destroyed (as scripted) but, after ALL SAMs are cleared, second helicopter comes as reinforcement, flights above base and then leave map without possibility to carry on Mobius. Mission cannot be accomplished... I choose Bulgaria map (don't know if it's 12A or 12B).

Message 2 of 6 (3,574 Views)

Re: Mission GDI 12B Saving Dr Mobius, transport-path/instant mission complete bu

★★ Novice
@YaBoiHaywire Playing this on easy can have the mission completed in 30 seconds haha.
Message 3 of 6 (3,568 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Roryt111 

Oof... that's a silly side effect of the added difficulty levels.

Like a lot of people helping out around this place, I am a volunteer, not an EA employee. I'm just here to help. If my answer helped you, please give XP. And if an answer solved your problem, be sure to accept it as solution.
I will not help with game questions sent as private messages; those questions belong on the boards where everyone can see my answers.
Message 4 of 6 (3,427 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem... the Chinook does not stop, even though I command it to land... Can't complete the mission, and I tried many times.

(This is after all the SAM sites are destroyed)

Solved:

the problem is with the Chinook's fixed landing spot. I had a refinery built in that spot, so the helicopter could not land, thus it bugged.

I did the mission differently....

Apparently if you rush an APC with an engineer fast enough in the Nod base, the laser Obelisks will not fire (probably the AI starts with the power plants damaged and has to repair them), so it is possible to capture the construction yard and build a refinery in your base if you are quick enough and with a bit of luck. Standard smile

Yeah, as soon as the first APC enters the GDI base and you can access your barracks, train one engineer, have him enter the APC and move east ASAP to the bridge, then north, going in the heart of the Nod base. Try to overrun the infantry with the APC and go right to the construction yard. Have the engineer capture it, then move the APC out so the AI will move away from your construction site. As soon as you capture the construction yard, build a refinery. If the AI attacks it, most likely you will not have time to build something else, but keep repairing it. In my case, I ran away with the APC, having the troops in pursuit, so they left the construction yard alone plenty of time. In this time I built a refinery, 2 Nod turrets, an airstrip and a hand of Nod in my base, after which I sold the yard. But the problem was that I constructed the refinery on the helicopter's landing site, so it could not land there.

It was a fun mission, beating the Nod with their own weapons!

Message 5 of 6 (2,664 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just as an FYI, if you sell the refinery and clear the landing area, the chinook then arrives and you can complete the level. 

Message 6 of 6 (2,592 Views)