Mission Brought to light on Voeld, perma bugs if you die.

by xanderxavierd

Original Post

Mission Brought to light on Voeld, perma bugs if you die.

★★★★ Novice

Product: Mass Effect Andromeda
Platform:PC
What edition do you have? Deluxe Edition
Physical Disc or Digital version? Digital Based Install
Summarize your bug Mission breaking bug, During Mission Brought to Light if you die when you respawn the mission perma bugs asking you to speak to a npc who you cant interact with, this is written into the auto save so no way to complete or advanced mission.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How long has this issue been happening? Always Happens
Please select your region Europe
Run the www.speedtest.net network benchmark and post your upload and download speeds. 8 ms DOWNLOAD 63.11 Mbps UPLOAD 17.35 Mbps
What company provides your internet service? BT
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1 Start mission "Brought to Light" on Voeld Step 2: Fight off already present kett. Step 3: Await incoming kett, at some point die. Step 4: hit continue on death screen Step 5: mission updates but cant interact, any subsequent loads fail.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Nvidia Titan X (pascal)
Please enter memory size in GB. 64GB

During Mission Brought to Light if you arrive fight kett off then fall to the incoming wave (hard difficulty i had it on idk if this affects the occurrence), when you respawn , you are told to speak to astra... but he has no dialog button and will not interact nor will any such dialog highlight occur in both controller and mouse/keyboard modes, its seems stuck in the autosave, reloading the auto save doest help leaving area and reloading doesnt seem to help not sure if leaving planet will have an effect but doesnt seem to likely.

Please fix my last manual save was some time before so no way to go back without wiping hours work, be nice if you had auto-advanced stage console command or even a reset stage for missions so folks could hot-fix such issues ourselves, fix urgently I dont want to have to go back in 6 months time to complete a quest I should have got in 1st place, indeed I wont, I play through once so fix it so it doesnt suck due to lousy bugs, and no you gotto start game from scratch to get fix either, fix all existing, and frankly do within 24 hours be nice or at least provide hot fix.

Message 1 of 31 (14,884 Views)

Re: Mission Brought to light on Voeld, perma bugs if you die.

★★★ Newbie

This happens on Playstation 4 as well.

Message 2 of 31 (14,772 Views)

★★★ Novice
There's no fix for this either. I've tried EVERYTHING and it's permanently bugged. Oddly enough it was bugged for me at the start. I never loaded another game nor did I die. So... This quest in general is just EXTREMELY buggy and is essentially a game breaking quest. Because now my game crashes all the time and I'm stuck on the planet. Thanks, Bioware... I'm on a PS4 as well...
Message 3 of 31 (14,739 Views)

★★ Novice

Just happened to me.  Completely unable to complete this mission.  Hope it wasn't important.  Another fabulous game by EA.

Message 4 of 31 (14,730 Views)

★★★ Novice
And... After the latest update... It STILL isn't fixed. Thanks, Bioware...
Message 5 of 31 (14,704 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi there i played and died on this mission, due to my hard setting and not paying attention, learnt my lesson was stuck for 4 hrs trying to figure out how to make this work, anyways  as we'll know on restart it became bugged, and the last time i made a different save was a few days ago like 3 or 4.

so what i did was luckily I thought of using the last saved data back up that the game uploads to the psn server daily (it overwrote on the same system file but this was newer than my last save file) this put me 3 missions from where i was all side or task missions that don't take long so i played from there, obviously i wont know how far you have gone from this mission but for next time give my resolution a try..

Message 6 of 31 (14,684 Views)

★★★ Novice
I already have data that's been overwritten so... I can't do that. I have to wait until Bioware patches the quest.
Message 7 of 31 (14,681 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on Normal, on a PC, same problem.

I was killed, hit Resume, no kett and no dialogue possible

Message 8 of 31 (14,610 Views)

★ Novice

Same here! PLEASE FIX

Message 9 of 31 (14,271 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Apparantly not been fixed in all this time

I am playing on insanity (or what ever the hardest level is)
Message 10 of 31 (14,044 Views)