Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Barnabas79
Are you playing in VR? Yes
Which VR Platform are you using? Oculus Rift
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Story Mode - MIssion 13 - Fire in the Heart
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. Got to the part of the mission where you fly through the gravity well to reach the core of the Starhawk, then I died, triggering a checkpoint at the start of this area. I was flying a TIE interceptor with thrust engine, if that matters...
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. In game, Story Mode - MIssion 13 - Fire in the Heart, at the checkpoint at the start of the run through the Starhawk to it's core.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 06/03/2021 08:37
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? The checkpoint starts me in a area where I'm being pushed backwards by the gravity beam, but before I have control of my ship, I'm thrown backwards into a wall, and killed. I die before Therisa finishes saying "Use your boost thrusters if you have to"
What do you expect to see? Not to be be killed before I have control of my ship.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." TIE Interceptor, with
What components were you using? Thrust engine. Perhaps the reduced acceleration is what kills me? I always start with 100% throttle, but it doesn't help. Otherwise, standard lasers, cluster missiles, repair kit, seeker warheads, standard hull.
Which customizations (if any) were you using? None

This bug is very frustrating, particularly as I'm attempting to get the "Thread the Needle" achievement.  Other people speak online of being able to restart at the checkpoint when trying for this achievement, so presumably it doesn't happen for everyone, but when I start the checkpoint at the start of the run through the gravity beam to the core, I am immediately thrown backward and killed before I even have control of my ship.

Message 1 of 1 (262 Views)