Mission 1 - Follow Gunny Bug

by Koelby

Original Post

Re: Mission 1 - Follow Gunny Bug

★★★ Newbie

I've got 1 better/worse for all you guys: My husband & I play on the same PS4. HIS account had no problem getting through this mission & progressing in the story. MY account however is just having me "Follow Gunny" indefinitely! I even handed him my controller to see if I was just not following her long enough; I thought maybe it was a skills challenge & I had to keep her in my sights for X length of time. Nope! So how's that for you, EA? SAME platform, SAME unit, even the SAME controller; but only ONE of them WORKS for this mission!!! Very unsatisfied with this game so far, especially since I am the one that wanted the game in the 1st place. >:-(

Message 51 of 73 (1,063 Views)

★★ Novice

Did finaly get past the mission, what I did was I replayed mission before and all cute sceans in between then it worked.

Message 52 of 73 (1,059 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I originally made it past the follow gunny point, but accidentally chose to restart the mission instead of loading from the last checkpoint in the mission, and now stuck at the follow gunny glitch. Restarted the mission several times, checked the integrity of game files through Steam, and restarted my computer several times; nothing is working. 

Message 53 of 73 (1,044 Views)

Re: Mission for the vanguard- follow Gunny bug?

★★★ Newbie

I just checked the "known issues" list and this issue is not listed.

However, I still have the issue, and I still see people posting the issue.

Why will EA not address this problem? 

Message 54 of 73 (994 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am still having the same issue. Will there be a patch for this? Or refund?

Message 55 of 73 (954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tom, this “Gunny Bug” is still happening. My updates are current (PS4) as of Monday, November 16th. What is the status on fixing this? I cannot advance in the story until this bug is fixed.

Message 56 of 73 (889 Views)

★ Novice

go on the main main where the missions are and click mission 1 not continue story 

Message 57 of 73 (820 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah tried that and lo-and-behold this time the mission seems to be working!!! Who knew....I was contemplating trading this game in because of the bug...but now all being well I will be able to get through glitch-free!! (I am playing this on the base PS4) glad the error is FINALLY out the way...but even so the problem STILL needs to be fixed and is very much still there...hence I came on the forum today to see if there were any updates...

Message 58 of 73 (781 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Straatford87 still happening today thanksgiving day 2020
Message 59 of 73 (739 Views)

★★ Novice

Seemed ok for me, I restarted the mission from scratch and I got past that point...

Message 60 of 73 (720 Views)