Mission 1 - Follow Gunny Bug

by Koelby

Original Post

Re: Form the vanguard mission 1 follow Gunny bugged?

Hero

Looks like multiple people have reported this issue. I suggest you chime in on one of the bug reports - will likely be more helpful to you.

Here's one of them -> https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Mission-for-the-vanguard-follow-Gunny-bug/m-p/9539568#M344

or you can search for "gunny" - multiple posts.

If a post helps, please click the XP button, so the poster learns what is helping.

If a post answered your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button, so others can quickly find what worked.
Message 31 of 73 (1,562 Views)

Re: Mission 1 Stuck

★★ Novice

@vekkiuz Took me a couple of more restarts and then I managed to get past it. No idea but what I ended up trying was to not touch any input until after all the initial talking was done and some of the ships had left. But maybe that was just a coincidence and it was just that I had retried the mission enough times to get lucky. 

Message 32 of 73 (1,550 Views)

Re: Mission for the vanguard- follow Gunny bug?

★★★ Newbie

Same here. Quest VR link, RTX2070, Ryzen 3900. None of the solutions suggested here seem to achieve anything.

Message 33 of 73 (1,563 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

This post is marked as "solved" so it's easier to find and read for everyone.

Hey Pilots,

Thank you for flagging this issue. I'm confirming that we've added this to the Known Issues list: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/SW-Squadrons-Known-Issues-amp-Announcements/td-p/9526030

We're investigating.

Message 34 of 73 (35,200 Views)

Re: Mission 1 - Follow Gunny Bug

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue.  Very disappointing.  I have been waiting months to play this, finally get it downloaded, and now can't get past the first mission.  Typical EA.

Message 35 of 73 (1,509 Views)

★★ Novice

Same here. I stopped and they all flew in circles around me. I got bored and started crashing my X-Wing against the big ships to see if Gunny crashed her ship, too. I did notice some Y-Wings throwing off sparks, though lol. Can’t believe I’m stuck in this part, not to mention that my rudders can’t be set up. Can set one direction but not the opposite. Ugh. 

Message 36 of 73 (1,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same bug. But i don't use VR.

I start to follow Gunny. And after a short distance she starts to hovering around me. And i can't do anything

Message 37 of 73 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm playing on PS4 Pro and Mission 1 even after leaving it off for the night and after an update that was installed earlier the bug still remains. I follow Gunny till he starts flying in circles. PLEASE FIX THIS BUG SO I CAN CONTINUE THE STORY.

Message 38 of 73 (1,446 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

As soon as mission starts don't do anything, start to follow gunny once everyone has stopped talking. This worked for me.

Thank you @appelgren00 

Message 39 of 73 (1,373 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Koelby Same problem at PS4
Message 40 of 73 (1,368 Views)