Re: Missing guild chat option

by swgoh2015

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)
Hi all, @GladOS-013 pointed out the instructions correctly. This is not a bug.
We've recently had an update to address underage accounts. If you lost any in game functionality such as access to guild chat, cannot change in game name, etc, it means your account is underage.
If you accidentally selected the wrong date of birth when you first started playing the game then you can follow the steps listed by @GladOS-013 to contact support and get your age corrected.

If you have already went through the process of contacting our support team to get your age corrected and after following the instructions given you still have the same issue, please send me a private message with your Customer Support ticket number so we can look into it.

Thank you and happy holidays!
Message 11 of 24 (1,809 Views)

★★ Novice

I have the same issue!  Contacted support multiple times and they had no clue what to do and told me this wasn't really a problem that was being reported by others.  Spent hours trying to fix this.  

During my last chat with EA support she found a Reddit page that suggested I factory reset my phone to fix it...what a great way to solve a problem.  Isn't support supposed to know how this game works?

Extremely frustrating! 

Message 12 of 24 (1,727 Views)

★★ Novice

I tried their suggested fix multiple times and it was useless!

Message 13 of 24 (1,727 Views)

★ Apprentice

I had my issue solved.  The last major update reverted me to a minor account. 

In order to solve it they had to do a mirror account transfer . Unfortunately, many reps dont even know this is an option. 

Message 14 of 24 (1,717 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for sharing the mirror account solution SSS123212?  I'm inquiring about this with EA to see if it could resolve my issue too.  I still don't have my Guild Chat button and i've already sent multiple messages to EA with detailed information and case numbers.  Let's see if this works for me! /cheers

Message 15 of 24 (1,687 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have made 3 requests to the [edit: email address removed] email address to have my DOB corrected to resolve this issue and each time there is either no response or the response tells me to do what I just did, that is to send an email request to update my DOB.  True definition of a runaround.  EA first line support is sadly lacking.

If any EA support is listening, I would appreciate an update to my requests.

Message 16 of 24 (1,530 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Update:  Support finally managed to reset my DOB and I now have all guild leader functionality back.  While disappointing to have it drag on so long, I am very happy to finally have it resolved.

Message 17 of 24 (1,507 Views)

★ Novice

Hi i have the same problem but i can olve it, can you help me with the mail you sent to EA. I can not dreate new case, everytime i will do it

i get the indormation that they need to call me to verify my DOB, but i am still waiting.

Thank you if you are somewhere near

Message 18 of 24 (1,342 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi my friend,

Sorry I just saw this now.  I had the same issue but what you need to do is have patience...it seems to take them awhile and they don’t tell you that they’re working on it in the meantime.  They eventually told me that if you create a new request then they close your earlier request and your new one gets queued at the bottom.  So raise one with the info requested...and wait.  They don’t understand that making us wait in silence leads us to think nothing is happening.

Anyway, if you haven’t gotten it fixed yet then good luck, I hope it works out for you.

Message 19 of 24 (1,273 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Apparently it can never happen, but your account, like mine was converted to a minor account. I contacted the help desk by phone and was told my DOB was the wrong month and 30 years younger. They said no one has ever reported this problem and there is nothing they can do. I just have to wait 8 years for it to become an adult account. 

Message 20 of 24 (792 Views)