Missing SweetTreatTokens/Transaction Canceled: No money removed from account.

by teennewt

Original Post

Missing SweetTreatTokens/Transaction Canceled: No money removed from account.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 11
OS Version 13.3.1
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I clicked to redeem a Sweet Treat Box directly after completing a Sweet Treat Challenge and got the error message, “Transaction canceled: No money was removed from your account.” When i restarted the app, my # of sweet/royal treat tokens reset to what is was a few minutes prior.
What do you expect to see? To be able to redeem treat boxes or at least still have the same number of tokens i had prior to the error.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country United States

The first screenshot is of the error message.

The second is of my inventory prior to restarting, taken at 5:02 pm. After I took it, I searched bug reports to see if someone said to definitely not restart the app.

The third is my inventory after restarting, taken at 5:16pm. (Note the number of available boxes to open has not changed and that the decrease in tokens are not duplicates of 300/7 respectively)

I had completed a Sweet Treat Challenge immediately before i tried to redeem the tokens. Even though I reached the last level, it had a message about the challenges being repeatable so i could try to get to the end next time. I thought it was a bit odd, but i assumed it was the standard message and i’d just never bothered to read it. On the third level, i failed and bailed myself out with sim cash. It was 9 levels and i completed all 9. I’m including these details bc of the fact that it reverted to my totals from before i did that challenge rather than to 0.

Edits:

I tried to redeem the boxes on wifi too before restarting and got the same error message.

I just noticed i also lost 6 sim cash, and i had 6 sim cash in the prize basket of that sweet treat challenge (from two 3 sim cash ads). That challenge was definitely part of the bug.

Message 1 of 8 (1,202 Views)

Re: Missing SweetTreatTokens/Transaction Canceled: No money removed from account

★★★ Newbie

Omg everytime I redeem tickets for the sweet treat showdown and I get sims cash or coins there’s a bug/glitch where it takes away your sims cash or coins right after you get them!! Watch your coins and sims cash carefully - I have lost thousands of coins and sims cash that I have won in sweet treat showdown. I click to redeem the tickets and then I get the sims cash/coins but when I go back to click again I lose the ones I previously gained. So annoying

Message 2 of 8 (1,119 Views)

Re: Missing SweetTreatTokens/Transaction Canceled: No money removed from account

★★★ Newbie
@tcathorall This also happened to me and I lost around 70-80 sim cash trying to obtain the last prize. I had no idea this was an issue and restarted the app. Lost the winnings and my sim cash.
Message 3 of 8 (1,110 Views)

Hero
@tcathorall @abbyv1016 Hi, are you experiencing the above described issue of “Missing SweetTreatTokens/Transaction Canceled: No money removed”?

The issue you are describing sounds more like this issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Baking-bonus-money-not-adding-to-my-account/td-p/11395039, if so please click Me too there & add a comment 😊

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 8 (1,098 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Ilois4 We don’t even end up viewing what the prize would’ve been because we get a prompt stating no money was removed from our account. It seems similar but I do believe it’s a somewhat different bug.
Message 5 of 8 (1,090 Views)

Hero
@abbyv1016 Thanks for clearing that up for me 👍 From your reply I wasn’t sure if you had this issue (too… so many bugs at the moment)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 8 (1,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Also experienced this 3 times during the most recent STS. Message appears that says "No money was removed from your account." Upon closing and reopening the app, all rewards earned (and resources used to complete the bake-off) have disappeared. See photos below of the first instance.

IMG_8490.PNG

IMG_8491.jpg

IMG_8492.jpg

IMG_8493.jpg

Message 7 of 8 (1,012 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think I found a workaround!

I got the "Challenges are re-playable. Try to make it to the end!" message (see: @tron20X6 ) at the end of a completed challenge again today. I didnt fail and have to bail myself out this time, but it was a 9 round challenge, like the previous two times i got it. Last time i got it, I avoided the "Transaction Canceled" error by traveling back and forth between my house and different areas of town and it worked again today

I believe there is a problem with 9-round Sweet Treat Showdown Challenges (or a specific 9-rounder path, if there are multiple) from the fact that:

• 3 people lost got the "Transaction Canceled" error after completing a 9 round challenge (myself & this reddit thread which i think was started by @tron20X6)
  • 4 people lost the missing tokens are equivalent to the earnings of one challenge (above + this reddit post)
  • 2 people got the message "Challenges are re-playable. Try to make it to the end!" at the end of the challenge we lost the prizes of. (myself and @tron20X6)
  • I've erroneously gotten the "make it to the end" message at the end of a 9 round challenge 3 times, but never at the end of challenges with a different number of rounds.
  • I got that error at the end of challenges were I fail and bail myself out and, as of a few minutes ago, after reaching the end without failing
Message 8 of 8 (737 Views)